• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

please tell me Why Exeter City without Paul Tisdale be any better than it is now.

IBA

I mean seriously.

Do you think the second Tisdale leaves Sir Alex or someone is going to get on the phone and offer his services. Who would want to manage exeter city?

the bottom line is the club has no money .

The only choice available is we have is to develop our young players with a budget of next to nothing and hope that the players grow in stature and confidence, start to get some points on the table which will then result in improved attendances and hopefully the club is able to sell one or two players to keep afloat.

this is surely the only option open to us?

Bittners a Legend

1.) Manager with cheaper wages will provide more money to be spent on the side
2.) Manager playing better style of football will add more numbers to the crowd and thus more money.

I'm happy to have the debate about whether Tisdale should continue as our manager but to have it on the terms of "the bottom line is the club has no money" is utter nonsense. Tisdale has had a decent playing budget for a number of seasons and his own negativity, coupled with too high a spend off-field, has led to much lower crowds (our average attendance must have dropped about 1500 a game - big money to lose) and is the reason we now have "no money". I doubt our turnover between 2010-2012 was lower than most other League Two clubs.

Oh and I imagine there would be a queue of managers out of the game keen for a chance to manage Exeter City.

Last edited:

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ask yourself why we have no money. We had money when we were on the up and winning.

No one is saying it WILL be better, but it will bring in fresh ideas and, possibly, a different approach to games.

LL

paperclip

Have you considered WHY the club has no money?

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mean seriously.

Do you think the second Tisdale leaves Sir Alex or someone is going to get on the phone and offer his services. Who would want to manage exeter city?

The only choice available is we have is to develop our young players with a budget of next to nothing and hope that the players grow in stature and confidence, start to get some points on the table which will then result in improved attendances and hopefully the club is able to sell one or two players to keep afloat.

If he goes today, the club would have 50 emails by the end of tomorrow with applications...20 odd which would be sensible from managers who have had experience at FL level and some from non league who feel they only need the chance. Would they do better? You have to start asking, could they do worse?

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

I mean seriously.

I am viewed in here as a 'Tisdale Rosetinter' . In reality I am not, I simply try to give a balanced appraisal of him.

However, if Tisdale were to leave tomorrow, there would be a host of applications coming in to the club to replace him. Football Team Managers have this belief that they can do what someone else's could'n't do. The have the 'protection' of a one or two years contract, that even if they fail from the start, they will walk away with a decent level of compensation for early dismissal.

geoffwp

Good bit of fishing there IBA. Bait the line with optimism, drop it into the exeweb stream and you'll reel in a whole catch of pessimists. :) Good OP. Nice to see balance on the boards.

FAN-TATIC

Would they do better? You have to start asking, could they do worse?
For me, the answer to both questions would be, possibly.

malcolms

Good bit of fishing there IBA. Bait the line with optimism, drop it into the exeweb stream and you'll reel in a whole catch of pessimists. :) Good OP. Nice to see balance on the boards.
Jeez Geoff, if you view the opening post, which has as its basic contention "could be do better with someone else?" as optimistic, then we are truly in the ****... :)

wemissmoxey

Short term a new manager may not do a lot better simply because he would inherit literally everything Tisdale has ever done however medium to long term I would be confident we could find someone who would do a better job than Tisdale has during the last couple of years, what he did earlier is now irrelevant, he took the plaudits then and it gave him some breathing space when things started to go wrong however that was a long time ago now, apart from an historical interest aspect it doesn't matter.

The club needs a change where it matters and where it matters for ECFC at the moment (possibly more than ever) is on the pitch, the club needs an injection of life, some new perspective and fresh ideas.

The club has been on a downward spiral for three years, it seems bizarre some people still think it is OK to let it continue.