• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

player of the season?

Yorkie

OK best three

Deano
Matt Taylor
Jonesy.

Fleetwood has been awesome but i think it would be a tad unfair to the above players for him to get it.

Flackmeister

The player of the season award should be awarded to the player who has consistently performed the best over the whole season. Whilst the performance of Jones & Moxey have improved over the latter part of the season, the outstanding player over the course of the season has to be Matt Gill.

For a player who is essentially a defensive midfielder to be our joint top goalscorer is no mean feat. And those who regularly go to games will no doubt have noted the way that he is always reading the game, filling the gaps when defenders get forward & bailing us out. Plus he is comfortable on the ball & very rarely gives it away.

I agree that Paul Jones has improved a lot this season (and would win if there was an award for "most improved player"), but he still makes the odd error and I would not say he is outstanding compared to other custodians in the section.

Best players have been Gill, Taylor & Moxey.

Before this season I have never been too sure about Gill. However, this season I think he has been the most consistent player by far. To chip in with 8(ish) goals from defensive midfield is brill. His throw-ins have created goals. What really impressives me though is how he always seems to end up chasing everything even in the last 5 mins. The Wycombe game proved this when he was fighting for the ball near the corner flag in the last 2-3 mins.

ianaplincorners

Dean Moxey wins it for me. A fans favourite.

Matt Gill, Paul Jones, Taylor, there's quite a few that could easily win it

exeter4eva

The player of the season award should be awarded to the player who has consistently performed the best over the whole season. Whilst the performance of Jones & Moxey have improved over the latter part of the season, the outstanding player over the course of the season has to be Matt Gill.
are u including when jones was keeping us in games thru the first month or 2 then?
granted he went a little quiet mid season but thats testament to the rest of the team not jones' detriment

Ratchet

Gilly for me outstandingly consistant

The mighty Grecian

have already voted for Gilly

Quality player and Quality finisher as well

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dean Moxey wins it for me. A fans favourite.
What sort of reason is that to give it to him? If you think, hand on heart, he's played better than anybody else throughout the season, then give it to him but not because he claps longest and loudest at the end of a match and is a local boy.

ORy

As I've not seen anything this season, I voted for Steve Tully. Got lots of negativity on here early on, but things have got quiet and thus: he's the best !

Ian_Woodward

Gilly for me outstandingly consistant
He was getting hammered on here for not performing a couple months ago! I think he's been brilliant but not quite as good as Jonesy. Also think Panther is up there, up untill he was dropped i thought he was awesome