• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peformance Issues?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep - think you're right. I temporarily 'sin binned' the MTD and moved it, page by page, back into a new thread. The last page left behind sin binned still won't open - so something on there it doesn't like. And when you do try to open it the server and db load increases... more so when several try to do it at the same time... until the server starts flagging.
Any chance you can provide explanations in plain English for the non-geeks amongst us?

:D

lmartin

Administrator
Sorry, I moved the matchday thread (MTD) into the 'sin bin' (where deleted threads end up out of view). Then I moved, page by page, all the posts from it (except the posts on the last page) into a 'new' thread on the word on well street. The one remaining page that is 'sin binned' still won't open even though it only has 7 posts in it. So I therefore think there is something in there the forum software doesn't like. And whenever someone does try to open it, the load on the server and database go up. If lots of people therefore try to do it the load goes up so much such that the forum starts to wobble and sometimes go down altogether.

Can people shout up if they have any further issues?

Grecian2K

I would request that it be formally put on record (for the benefit of ECFC Gal) that, at least on this occasion, it WAS NOT I who has broken EW.

Thank u

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any blame Liam to be laid down at the feet of the last poster on that thread?

Tada

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
So, we now know that it is LOG's fault.

He'll be cut up.

;)

lmartin

Administrator
Is there any blame Liam to be laid down at the feet of the last poster on that thread?

Tada
Can't be sure to be honest since I can't even see any of those 7 posts. I may be able to find them in the database later.

Chances are he who caused the problem won't be aware and it's more likely to be a VB bug. Steve thinks the swear filter could be the culprit on long threads. So if anyone was caught by that - it could be our reason.

LOG

The last page was probably just me drivelling on about something when i should have gone to bed. I am consulting my legal advisers though, just in case.

Alistair20000

So, we now know that it is LOG's fault.

He'll be cut up.

;)
Are you getting your chopper out Spanker ? ;)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The problem of the last page malfunctioning on a thread crops up every couple of months...

Last edited:

MikeGrecian

It was the whole site messing up,i couldn't even log in for a while:(