• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Standard play blah blah, off piste blah blah, basics blah blah, standard play blah blah, off piste blah blah, basics blah blah but no high quality problem

STURTZ

Anyone read the comments about our manager on here recently?

DB9

They're still in the minority Sturtz, Yep we're going through a tough time but I'd still rather have our manager than our previous one.

It's the tactical know-how and analysis I miss with Tis....'They should play better. They should play better.'

Grecian Max

What are you thoughts on 7 losses out of 8? And less points than the previous manager having played 7 games more?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sturtz still thinks The Cheese is the lower league Pep Guardiola.

He takes a few years to catch up does Sturtz.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's the tactical know-how and analysis I miss with Tis....'They should play better. They should play better.'
Seemed angry as well.

Pressure cooker environment, a bit different to what he had with us.

That 2.5 year contract Rovers gave him is looking good from his point of view though !

STURTZ

Sturtz still thinks The Cheese is the lower league Pep Guardiola.

He takes a few years to catch up does Sturtz.
Had good times and bad times with Tisdale, the latter years were truly abysmal and I had run ins with him on occasions and was glad to see him eventually go.

Schadenfreude is such an ugly emotion though, that bitterness can eat you up.

IndoMike

Standard play blah blah, off piste blah blah, basics blah blah, standard play blah blah, off piste blah blah, basics blah blah but no high quality problem
Tis doesn't go in for self-critism : it's always about the players. Surely he knows as a football manager that the buck stops with him

Bootroom

Tis doesn't go in for self-critism : it's always about the players. Surely he knows as a football manager that the buck stops with him
I would argue our current manager isn’t one for self-critism either, one thing Tisdale never did was call out his players individually or publicly like Taylor did... that in my opinion was incorrect and perhaps the start of the deathnail in Taylor’s reign.

Whilst underperforming workers should be called out, football isn’t like any other profession and the players will close ranks when they are questioned publicly.

Taylor has the most important 3 days coming up as his reign as manager.