• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Surely it is "Ex-"?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's played a blinder and fancy hats off to him.

Two and a half years pay for three months work. Get in Tis. He's played the Failing Manager game perfectly and funded his own interests for the foreseeable future. There's great money to be made like this -I think it was Sven,or possibly Peter Reid, who was getting paid at one time from four or five different previous employers.

Just needs to find another daft football club in about twelve months time for another bumper payday.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely it is "Ex-"?
Good shout Hants. Get the edit pen out (y)

Rename the thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's played a blinder and fancy hats off to him.

Two and a half years pay for three months work. Get in Tis. He's played the Failing Manager game perfectly and funded his own interests for the foreseeable future. There's great money to be made like this -I think it was Sven,or possibly Peter Reid, who was getting paid at one time from four or five different previous employers.

Just needs to find another daft football club in about twelve months time for another bumper payday.
And with Bristol Rovers looking like a very poorly-run club at the moment there's every chance he'll be able to persuade a potential future employer that the lack of success wasn't his fault.

manc grecian

Why would he apply for another job when he quite clearly doesn't enjoy it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would he apply for another job when he quite clearly doesn't enjoy it.
Money spinner innit.

Alistair20000

Thank you Hants (y)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Realistically Tisdale isn't going to get another job in league 1, he's failed at that level twice very recently.

Will he really fancy the scraps on offer in league 2 or the national league, I'm not convinced he will.

Bristol Rovers was a great opportunity for him and it was local, he just did a poor job.

For various reasons I don't see him managing in the football league again in the short to medium term, if ever.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He should spend some of his free time improving his website, I'm not sure he will be keen to update it though.

tonykellowfan

I would be amazed if Rovers have to pay off the full amount of the contract, they must have some kind of break clauses in there, for example 6 months pay. Anything else and they would be insane to sign such a contract and sack him 3 months later.