• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Overspending was the fault of those who allowed it. Football managers always overspend if allowed. Matt Taylor is no different.
Correct. People in the back office who took their collective eyes off the ball and allowed Tisdale and Perryman too much free rein.

Reactions: DB9

C j phill

That is correct, a lot of the media comments about Tisdale are based on little more than what he did years ago and a few myths.

One of the main examples would be that his teams play attractive football, most of us know that is often not the case.

The Bristol Rovers board on appointing him made a big play on this, i.e. Tisdale's brings a attractive, attacking style of play.

Look at the Rovers forum now, it is the same old issues, negative football, six defenders, one up front, players being played out of position etc etc. It's all very predictable.
I'm often mystified how certain managers become media favourites, when, if you spoke to supporters at those clubs, a different perspective, might have come through. The Clemson bloke on Football Focus is one of the worst. He seems to have a number of favourites, where, whichever club a manager is at, he'll pitch up and interview them as if they're likely to be the next big thing. I recall this to be the case with Tisdale, where he interviewed him at MK Don's early on and he appears to have a high regards for the Cowley Brothers !!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very good summary:

Lots of things in here that ring bells

"Passive and unenergetic"
"Changed shape twice during the match"
"set pieces problems"

Alistair20000

Lots of things in here that ring bells

"Passive and unenergetic"
"Changed shape twice during the match"
"set pieces problems"
Ironic that a Matty Taylor comes into it :)

No mention yet of a "high quality problem that is easily solved" ?

Thought ol' Cheesey had made a decent start with The Gas but it seems to be turning to worm more recently.

IndoMike

Looks like Bristol Live is far more analytical about their team and more willing to be critical of the manager than Devon Live was when Tis was here.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Bristol Live is far more analytical about their team and more willing to be critical of the manager than Devon Live was when Tis was here.
Indeed:

When challenged on five straight defeats, Tisdale immediately dismisses the FA Cup (and Trophy)

i haven’t forgotten how the lack of FA Cup success (as in reaching the potentially lucrative 3rd Round) was a bone of contention during Tisdale’s reign, wasn’t it about 9 seasons before played Liverpool? And even then he threw in the towel for the replay.

IndoMike

Indeed:

When challenged on five straight defeats, Tisdale immediately dismisses the FA Cup (and Trophy)

i haven’t forgotten how the lack of FA Cup success (as in reaching the potentially lucrative 3rd Round) was a bone of contention during Tisdale’s reign, wasn’t it about 9 seasons before played Liverpool? And even then he threw in the towel for the replay.
Yes, but the Liverpool game is a very sensitive subject.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very good summary:

This line, in particular, rung a few bells.
too many square pegs wedged into unfitting holes over the past three games

Tisdale seems to have joined that group of managers who keep getting jobs regardless of their actual track record. I'm sure he will have guaranteed himself another decent pay-off if things don't work out at Rovers.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also notice after the question regarding the fans thoughts on his tactics his replies quickly descended into one and two word answers.

Two months in and he is under pressure.

Grecian Max

My favourite thing is the manager they sacked after 8 games got more points than Tisdale after 13 games :ROFLMAO: