• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Well he posted this on his FB early November and was packing boxes at the time, either poor Journalism or his plans have changedView attachment 5093
By 'great neighbours' I assume he means he's moved next to Tis?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Steve Perryman had a great career and is probably a good bloke, too. But he couldn't understand that he was an employee of the club, not the boss. Tis had the same problem. If they'd wanted to be bosses they should have formed a consortium to try to take over the club : I don't believe they ever tried that. Nobody can deny they did a lot for the club, but this hanging on to the coat-tails of Ollie Watkins is a bit much.
Ollie was successful principally down to his innate ability, his attitude, his parents, Exeter City as a club (maintaining our academy) , his Academy coaches, Julian Tagg, Brentford's input, and yes, down to Tis and Perryman, too. So I make Tis and Perryman's share of glory around 10%.

iscalad

Steve Perryman had a great career and is probably a good bloke, too. But he couldn't understand that he was an employee of the club, not the boss. Tis had the same problem. If they'd wanted to be bosses they should have formed a consortium to try to take over the club : I don't believe they ever tried that. Nobody can deny they did a lot for the club, but this hanging on to the coat-tails of Ollie Watkins is a bit much.
Ollie was successful principally down to his innate ability, his attitude, his parents, Exeter City as a club (maintaining our academy) , his Academy coaches, Julian Tagg, Brentford's input, and yes, down to Tis and Perryman, too. So I make Tis and Perryman's share of glory around 10%.
You forgot Clinton!

IndoMike

You forgot Clinton!
;)
Bill or Morrison?

iscalad

;)
Bill or Morrison?
What a daft question. Bill never played for us!!!!!

IndoMike

What a daft question. Bill never played for us!!!!!
I hear he was a big City fan and was often heard singing "Come on you ree-eds" in the Oval office, when he wasn't occupied with other Oval Office activities, if you know
what I mean.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hear he was a big City fan and was often heard singing "Come on you ree-eds" in the Oval office, when he wasn't occupied with other Oval Office activities, if you know
what I mean.
Surely the infamous dress was blue.

IndoMike

Surely the infamous dress was blue.
He was also a Chelsea fan (plastic). That's why he named his daughter "Chelsea".
Calling her "Exetercity Clinton" would have been a bit of a mouthful. 🙄

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was also a Chelsea fan (plastic). That's why he named his daughter "Chelsea".
Calling her "Exetercity Clinton" would have been a bit of a mouthful. 🙄
Joking apart, she was named after the Joni Mitchell song "Chelsea Morning", which is about shagging in a New York hotel ;) ;)

IndoMike

Joking apart, she was named after the Joni Mitchell song "Chelsea Morning", which is about shagging in a New York hotel ;) ;)
I was a fan of Joni Mitchell. One of my favourites was "People's parties" , but many more, too.
Unfortunately I have never shagged in a Chelsea, New York hotel. Wonder if Bill has...Nice story, though.