• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Morrish

Early Bath

It’s all riddles to me..:D
Must be due to ageism Olds', I have the same problem. Haven't a clue what it's all about. (facepalm)

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Must be due to ageism Olds', I have the same problem. Haven't a clue what it's all about. (facepalm)
I thought it was a pizza discussion.

dontpassback

I thought it was a pizza discussion.
I ordered a thin and crusty supreme,and they sent me Diana Ross !! I’ve no idea who delivered it though 🙂

PeteUSA

As for Morrish I am delighted he has finally gone (why he remains in a lesser capacity, heaven only knows !). It's just a pity it wasn't years ago. He should have fallen on his sword or been given the elbow when he nearly blew the Flybe sponsorship by publically bragging about his negotiations. He also later only survived being ousted from the Club Board by the Trust, by some behind the scenes chicanery.
His dad is a long time exewebber Mr Ballz. Isnt he likely to sit up with a start when he reads the last two lines?

Antony Moxey

Does every single thing that happens at ECFC have to be the subject of some conspiracy theory that would give the X-Files a run for its money?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
His dad is a long time exewebber Mr Ballz. Isnt he likely to sit up with a start when he reads the last two lines?
And that particular Exewebber will remain unnamed in this thread.

Admin.

David Treharne

Does every single thing that happens at ECFC have to be the subject of some conspiracy theory that would give the X-Files a run for its money?
No, of course not Antony, but the fact of the matter remains that there has been an attempt to, at the very least, obscure a set of events that Trust members ought to be aware of, If not least for the fact that for the first time since the Trust was established a member of the Club Board has had their continued membership of it declined by the Trust Board. You, and anybody else who chooses to do so may read into that what you wish. but its a significant development, and certainly a sign that the Trust Board continue to be guardians of the autonomy that was brought about by the decision to run the Club. It also illustrates fairly dramatically (in my view) the discomfort felt by those members of the Trust Board who are also members of the Club Board about disturbing the horrible inertia that holds sway within the hierarchy of the Club Board. It's also possible to assert that some of the recent pronouncements that have been made elsewhere in the media are the result of whatever it was that took place at that meeting. Bury your head in conspiracy theories if you like, but this is about a set of events that have been horribly mishandled by those who are supposed to be running the Club - compounded by a deafening silence about what happened, who was involved.
If you think this is a long way away from what happens on the pitch and around the Club at the moment, think again.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

If his departure was in November why did Companies House only received the Elecronic Filing today.
The form filed at Companies House tells us that his appointment ended on 30 March 2018. No late filing here.

Companies House lists him as holding 40 current appointments as a director so maybe he is quite busy elsewhere ? A lot of the appointments were in November/December 2017 and he seems to be into the “wealth management “ sector with Plymouth connections.

IndoMike

The form filed at Companies House tells us that his appointment ended on 30 March 2018. No late filing here.

Companies House lists him as holding 40 current appointments as a director so maybe he is quite busy elsewhere ? A lot of the appointments were in November/December 2017 and he seems to be into the “wealth management “ sector with Plymouth connections.
Not bad for a pizza delivery boy. What exactly would a director do at 40 different companies considering the limited amount of time he could dedicate to each company?

Alistair20000

Not bad for a pizza delivery boy. What exactly would a director do at 40 different companies considering the limited amount of time he could dedicate to each company?
A lot of the appointments are to connected companies but it is a good question.

I found myself laughing reasonably hard at “wealth creation” in Britain’s Ocean City. (rofl)