• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Morrish

David Treharne

Dave, I can see no reference to Paul Morrish in the minutes of 13th November 2017. I assume you are alluding to general smoke and mirrors from the Trust. Could you elaborate please?
Graham Deasy is the Secretary, I believe.
In order: 1. No, nor could I 2. Yes I am. Some elaboration on the events would be welcome, especially as it was chaired by the Secretary rather than an incoming Chair. The blandness of the minutes prevents any chance of following a chronological sequence of the events that took place at that meeting. For a body that professes openness and clarity these minutes are about as obtuse as you can get. 3. You are correct in naming Graham Deasy as Secretary.
I would be fairly certain that there will continue to be no expansion/explanation of the minutes, (possibly to protect the anonymous nature of what really did go on) Suggest you ask non Club Board members of the Trust Board for their views on what occurred.

REDMIKE

Why would you expect to see Paul Morrish name in the November minutes when the termination as a director was 30th March 2018.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why would you expect to see Paul Morrish name in the November minutes when the termination as a director was 30th March 2018.
Because his departure was dealt with back in Novemeber. Possibly first or second meeting after the Trust AGM.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't employ him to deliver a pizza.
well mine's a four cheese with spicy sausage if you've taken over. Thanks

Colesman Ballz

There is an interesting snippet in the minutes of the meeting on 11th September 2017 (which coincidently of course was an anniversary of the World Trade Centre attack). It refers to the two CB directors (Tagg and Morrish) who were due to stand down in Feb 2018, under the normal rotation policy. It stated that they should have their positions reviewed by the TB (again perfectly normal). Both were to be invited to submit a written resume to the TB in time for consideration at their next meeting on the 9th Oct.

So the question is did PM wish to continue as a CB member, and if so did the TB indicate that it would not support his reappointment at the Club AGM ? Did he jump of his own volition, or was he shoved ! ?

REDMIKE

Because his departure was dealt with back in Novemeber. Possibly first or second meeting after the Trust AGM.
If his departure was in November why did Companies House only received the Elecronic Filing today.

Colesman Ballz

well mine's a four cheese with spicy sausage if you've taken over. Thanks
You are not a fan of healthy eating then Geoff ? ;)

Colesman Ballz

He didn't depart in November, at most a decision was taken by the TB or by PM himself that he would not continue after the Club's AGM. As to the filing at Companies House that would be the responsibility of the Club's Company Secretary, and nothing to do with the Trust.

Boyo

In order: 1. No, nor could I 2. Yes I am. Some elaboration on the events would be welcome, especially as it was chaired by the Secretary rather than an incoming Chair. The blandness of the minutes prevents any chance of following a chronological sequence of the events that took place at that meeting. For a body that professes openness and clarity these minutes are about as obtuse as you can get. 3. You are correct in naming Graham Deasy as Secretary.
I would be fairly certain that there will continue to be no expansion/explanation of the minutes, (possibly to protect the anonymous nature of what really did go on) Suggest you ask non Club Board members of the Trust Board for their views on what occurred.
Thanks for the response Dave. Personally, I don’t think the minutes are any more or less bland than is typical. I always make an effort to read them but often left none the wiser as to what the heck is going on. I think the lack of any substance and context in the minutes is what contributes to the village fete perception.

I don’t have the chance to ask Trust Board members questions, so I’d love to hear what you have been told (and I’m sure those members wouldn’t want to be asked the same question multiple times).

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Is it me,my age or my brain going to mush,but I can’t make head nor tail about what’s gone on in this thread !

It’s all riddles to me..:D