• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paranormal

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’m a believer....a few years back while cycling around the lanes near Broadhembury....what I thought was someone that had just ran across the road 50 or so yards in front of me onto a grass bank but had completely vanished 5 seconds later when I rode past....very similar experience to the recent Aviva Dash Cam car insurance advert which brought it all back to me a few months back. 😬

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Largely because we had had several earlier paranormal experiences, my late wife and I agreed that whoever died first would try and return and give the survivor a sign that there is life after death. Unfortunately she passed away two years ago with cancer and I believe that she has given me two such signs. The first sign was exactly at the end of her funeral service when my Rolex watch stopped. I couldn’t get it going again and had to have a broken main spring replaced. The second incident was about a fortnight later at home. I live in a house which has a central three storey atrium. As I was walking through the hall in the middle section I was hit on the head by a deluge of water. It was a little bit misty at the time but that sloping glass roof had never leaked before nor since despite many heavy downpours of rain. I then realised that I was standing on the exact same spot where my wife had fallen badly when she was ill and had hit her head, requiring hospitalisation.

Oldsmobile-88

After my mum died(about 16 years ago)my sister & I were clearing some of her personal effects from the family home(the same one where we had seen & heard unexplained things 20 + years before)
It was strange being in there without her being around.
To raise the sullen atmosphere up a bit I turned on the radio.The song playing was Sweet Caroline by her favourite singer Neil Diamond..We both took it as some sort of message,it certainly cheered us both up.

Alistair20000

Does the phenomenon of deja vu come into it on this thread ?

Or is it just precognition rather than paranormal ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does the phenomenon of deja vu come into it on this thread ?

Or is it just precognition rather than paranormal ?
I was actually going to post a deja vu tale when I had ten minutes.

Maybe tomorrow.

IndoMike

Well, it Asda be done. Aldi members of the ghostly union are expect to keep to the rota and do their Lidl bit.
Good work

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We deployed to the European side of Turkey as part of a NATO exercise half a lifetime ago and the terrain, quite simply, felt familiar. Amongst the twenty or so
men of our unit we found ourselves saying "Knew you were going to say that" or "Knew that was going to happen". The frequency it was occurring was quite bizarre. None of us had been anywhere near northern Turkey before but it felt like we knew the place. I have experienced deja vu a couple of times in my life and know what it feels like but this was happening half a dozen times a day and to many of the blokes. It would be handy if I could say we were on an ancient battlefield or something of that nature but I can't and have no explanation at all.

I can state that none us could be described as flakey or sensitive individuals and I have no idea if deja vu can be contagious like yawning but something curious was going on.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading though the debate on the Obituary Thread with reference to Spiritualism,has anyone had any sort of paranormal experience ?
Ghosts,haunting,ESP all come under the heading.

As with religious beliefs it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Many say it’s nonsense & that could well be the case,but I’m sure I’m not the only one on this forum to experience a strange unexplainable experience.

My interest in the subject came from my Gran when I was a child,telling me a story (much to my parents annoyance 😁) about her experience of seeing a ghost when she was a young woman.
She sensed a presence in my parents house in a room that was always cold no matter what heating was left on in there.
I have heard someone walking into that room but not seen anybody.My father did see a apparition in the room as has my sister.

I’m sure I had a poltergeist experience about 15 years ago,I could not move in bed & felt a heavy person on me.I lived on my own at the time,except for my cat who for some reason did not like staying in the bedroom.

Of course it could all be rubbish & have logical explanations,but having those experiences & a couple more have left me with a open mind on the subject.
Is the last one sleep paralysis? I've had that a couple of times and it freaked me right out.

Oldsmobile-88

Is the last one sleep paralysis? I've had that a couple of times and it freaked me right out.
Could well be mate...Though I felt very sore on my chest & arms from where I was ‘held’ down.
I did think I saw something,but it could have been my mind playing tricks.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could well be mate...Though I felt very sore on my chest & arms from where I was ‘held’ down.
I did think I saw something,but it could have been my mind playing tricks.
I haven't had it for a while but i felt something was in the room although i couldn't see anything. Back on topic, i haven't experienced anything paranormal but other family members have.