• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paranormal

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anybody ever had that "floating to the ceiling" sensation while asleep in bed?
Does it mean your mad or something?

Legohead

Banned
Not if you've had 10 pints.

DB9

Probably Mike 🤣

Legohead

Banned
I did see a giant spider above my head on the ceiling one night which had vanished when I shot out of bed but I was hallucinating as I had a virus. For about 5 minutes though I was convinced it was real. I literally dragged all my bedcovers off and part dismantled my bed to try and find it. :ROFLMAO: Sadly though it wasn't paranormal. Interesting how the mind can play tricks though.

IndoMike

Not if you've had 10 pints.
I hardly ever drink now. If I had 10 pints I'd be honking not floating.

IndoMike

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The cellars of a building I once worked in were haunted by a poltergeist. During a WW2 bombing raid a young woman was badly injured, crawled to the relative safety of this building and passed away just outside. The cellars were used as stores and as such had employees there on a daily basis and all, including myself, witnessed unexplained events such as things moving , falling, people were physically pushed and on one memorable occasion a lady saw the reflection of someone else in the glass of the lift door. Make no mistake this building had a poltergeist whether you believe in this sort of thing or not.

They called in some clergyman once when she was particularly active but he said he wouldn't do anything about it as the occurrences were never harmful, the "ghost" being naughty rather than malicious. Finally, there was an elderly chap who had worked in the cellars since the war and he used to talk to her and tell her to behave, often successfully, when she was playing up.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Returning to RAF Benson in Oxfordshire after spending the weekend with my then fiance, I was walking down a quiet country road when I noticed a lady dressed in an crinoline-like black bell dress as worn by an early Victorian Governess about sixty yards to my front. Being in army uniform and closer to oncoming traffic I was confident about nabbing the first car to stop. However, I briefly looked away only to find she had completely disappeared when I looked straight ahead again. Considering she would have had to climb over rusting picket line fence in a voluminous dress and that there were broad empty fields on either side I had little doubt I had seen a ghost. It was only later that I regretted not stepping out to try and catch her up.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably Mike 🤣
Nah! That would have been a Poltergeist ;)

Banksy

My father told me a tale many years ago. Both his mum and dad died young so he lived with his sister and her husband in a big rambling old house over Heavitree way in the thirties before he joined up as a regular soldier just before the war.He’d just started work as an apprentice in his early teens. Anyway , every night he ‘d get home first and then wait for the sounds of his sister and her husband coming home. One night he got home and settled down in his room and waited for them as usual .... First the front door went....He shouted and someone shouted back.... Then the sound of someone walking up the stairs , there were two flights and he heard them stop on the landing between stairs....Then a top hallway door opened and closed....He came out to say hello a few minutes later but there was nobody there , the family came home an hour or so later.He could never explain it but it scared the life out of him and he was always uneasy about the house afterwards.
On another theme , he told a story of an out of body experience he had when he almost died on the operating table as a young lad. At a crucial stage of the operation when apparently his life hung in the balance he had a vision of a lovely bright garden and folk were welcoming him in.He said he was never afraid of death after that.
On Lego’s ufo note , I’ve seen one too ( witnessed too by someone independent with me) , which took the form of a large slowly moving cross in the sky.Nothing to do with stars btw , I’ve been a member of an Astronomical Society in the past and know the difference, the other bloke who I’d never met before had followed it all the way from work in Honiton to Exeter. It covered a large expanse of sky.Weird and unexplainable.