• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Padraig Amond in on a season loan

Squeezebox

I also love the way he makes sure the player who assisted gets congratulations.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I also love the way he makes sure the player who assisted gets congratulations.
Especially after our first goal yesterday 👍

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love this guy, after every match he pops on a positive tweet, either about the fans or squad despite not appearing, what a man, sign him full time! ( plus play him when we need to score as well). Cynics will say he's being paid for nothing but he doesn't have to do this, he is becoming a Grecian

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love this guy, after every match he pops on a positive tweet, either about the fans or squad despite not appearing, what a man, sign him full time! ( plus play him when we need to score as well). Cynics will say he's being paid for nothing but he doesn't have to do this, he is becoming a Grecian
He is a Grecian in my book - Only problem is will new Newport manager take him back in January ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only problem is will new Newport manager take him back in January ?
I guess it depends on what injuries we get and whether Cox or Seymour are in position to challenge for the first team but at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Newport in January; there doesn't seem much point having an experienced player in on loan if he's not playing at all in the league.
In the short-term, the more interesting question is who will be the reserve striker on the bench on Saturday, assuming Podge is unavailable.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
To me Amond is someone who adds a bit of depth to the squad unlike Seymour, so I hope we keep hold of him for the rest of the season if we can.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this man really only on loan to us. His positivity about everything at the club is unbelieveable, his interview, his twits, his attitude, his goals. Be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season! Do we need a forwards coach?

Trapdoor

Would love to keep him on a permanent. He offers a lot.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved the way he went over to the kids on the BB at the end of the game and chatted with them. Proper chap!

I judge players a lot on how they interact with fans. Suarez yay, Gerrard nay, to give one eg. George Best would sign autographs and chat until the manager pulled him away.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. For now I'd just be happy if he's still with us at the end of January.

And yes, he does offer a lot but I also think it's under-appreciated what a good job the club does of signing the right type of senior players to have a positive effect on our youngsters. Sonny Cox must be learning so much from training and playing alongside Podge but the same was true of, for example, MJ and Nicky Law in the past.