• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Optimism

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The wife is trying to organise something for the late May bank holiday weekend and asked if we're likely to be in the play offs . πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The wife is trying to organise something for the late May bank holiday weekend and asked if we're likely to be in the play offs . πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Nice of her to ask !

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is she performing at the Edinburgh Fringe?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter City may be fringing relegation !

dontpassback

My late dad used to work at exminster hospital,where the term lunatic fringe was quite common

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
My late dad used to work at exminster hospital,where the term lunatic fringe was quite common
My Grandmum was part of his fringe !

sign of the chimes

Several months ago I told my niece that I (and my brother/nephew) might not go to her ill-planned wedding as it clashed with the final day of the season and may well clash with a promotion decider; they like to think I was joking on the threat to miss it. I'd rather the rescheduling of the games due to Charles' coronation was making me look like a good uncle, than a combination of injuries and questionable recruitment.

I'm not a fan of weddings at the best of times; Saturday afternoon's at the denouement of the season are as bad as those that coincide with the first home fixture. People who schedule them then should expect and appreciate a similar attendance to Carlisle (a) on a Tuesday night.

Colesman Ballz

Several months ago I told my niece that I (and my brother/nephew) might not go to her ill-planned wedding as it clashed with the final day of the season and may well clash with a promotion decider; they like to think I was joking on the threat to miss it. I'd rather the rescheduling of the games due to Charles' coronation was making me look like a good uncle, than a combination of injuries and questionable recruitment.

I'm not a fan of weddings at the best of times; Saturday afternoon's at the denouement of the season are as bad as those that coincide with the first home fixture. People who schedule them then should expect and appreciate a similar attendance to Carlisle (a) on a Tuesday night.
I attended the wedding of a good friend back in 1974. The bride and her sister arranged it as a double wedding held in Truro Cathedral no less. The chose FA Cup Final day. Unfortunately the other groom came from Newcastle who duly made it to the final for the first time in years. Cue the day and his family were represented almost entirely by females and even they exitted the reception sharpish to watch the game on TV and try and spot their menfolk in the crowd. Liverpool duly won 3-0 to really cap off the day for them ! :cool:

geoffwp

My dad worked there as well. It had a couple of decent snooker tables back then as well as a lot of residents!

andrew p long

I think she read the OP.