• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Onwards and upwards a conversation with Paul Tisdale.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like everyone else I have been very disappointed at the utterances that have recently come out from the Club.

Then it occurred to me could it be that the maestro is doing a Baldrick and that this is a "cunning plan" to lull the other twenty-three Clubs into a false sense of security!!?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Paul Tisdale speaks to both the Club &Trust Boards, having heard him speak at the end of the season I thought that what he said would
also be of interest to supporters, so the session was arranged.

It was.billed as a " conversation with PT" because that"s what it was, not a Trust Forum nor an open Q&A session, though questions were raised & answered.
Graham Kirk interviews Tis regularly so he was a good choice of host, neither representing the Club or the Trust.

Elaine Davis
I think it is of interest, but as people there have reported conflicting things not only here but on Facebook as well, then imo there needs to be a communication put out to confirm what the messages actually were. Is there any chance that this can be done? Would then be easier to debate the messages to work out how things are going.

Avening Posse

I think it is of interest, but as people there have reported conflicting things not only here but on Facebook as well, then imo there needs to be a communication put out to confirm what the messages actually were. Is there any chance that this can be done? Would then be easier to debate the messages to work out how things are going.
Seconded........

paperclip

What a waste of time & money that was, I feel sorry for Graham Kirk, it really wasn't a q & a, it was just Tis waffling on about whatever he wanted to waffle about & he wasn't taking any confrontational questions. This club will be going down hill fast.
Wow. If GG thinks the club is going downhill then I really am now concerned.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... some people pretentiously use "whomever" for subject or object because it's in vogue and sounds cultured ...
Clearly, you are familiar with my work. :) Although, in actuality, I have a predilection for the archaic.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like to hear a recording of the meeting if one was made. it's so easy to misinterpret what has been said from half remembered soundbites & it could prevent a minor PR disaster or confirm what many are thinking (which isn't a bad thing).

malcolms

I would like to hear a recording of the meeting if one was made. it's so easy to misinterpret what has been said from half remembered soundbites & it could prevent a minor PR disaster or confirm what many are thinking (which isn't a bad thing).
A transcript of the salient points would be helpful, however, as it probably illustrates failings on the part of others in the club it ain't gonna happen..

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
There was apparently a recording taken by the club. Stuart James said on Twitter that either he or the new guy that will be covering sport was going to do an article based on the conversation.

PeteUSA

There was apparently a recording taken by the club. Stuart James said on Twitter that either he or the new guy that will be covering sport was going to do an article based on the conversation.
Didn't they want Radio Exe to record it for general release on podcast?

dontpassback

I am informed that mr tisdale would only do the session provided there were no unscheduled questions!