• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sky Sports have just said that Ollie has a medical at Villa tomorrow - lets hope he passes with flying colours !
UTC

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sky Sports have just said that Ollie has a medical at Villa tomorrow - lets hope he passes with flying colours !
UTC
:love::love::love::love:

Well-known Exeweb poster
The original deal... as posted on here by a Brentford pr guy Forget the %'s .. it was the orig transfer fee plus ???? Topping out at a max 4 mil... So if we got 1.8 which I believe WAS the figure .. were due 2.2 mil... Said it then and I STILL think it.. for us it was a **** poor deal

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
If, as we all hope, this now goes through, it should be up there with pulling Manu out the hat for saving the club. Given the situation in football, plus the very real chance fans will NOT be allowed back in any useful numbers for quite some time yet, this would be a real game changer for our survival. Until things change drastically and fans are back in numbers, I would definitely not want to see us spunking stupid wedges of this money on team building, not when financial survival could still be at stake.

IndoMike

'Banana' owns the website - griffinpark.org - and so is sometimes ITK. Doesn't usually post something unless he's pretty sure of his facts.

Anyhow I've never had any real connection wth ECFC, but I'm really glad to see you benefitting from this deal, since younger Bees than me remember what it was like to be in the lower divisions and counting every penny in a system which seems to be rigged against you.

The fact that it's coming ultmately from a PL club (Villa) makes it all the more satisfying.

Well done to all at Exeter and thanks for Ollie!
Thanks. I'm in a different time zone and just woken up to see your post. Good luck to Brentford, too.

RovingBee

The original deal... as posted on here by a Brentford pr guy Forget the %'s .. it was the orig transfer fee plus ???? Topping out at a max 4 mil... So if we got 1.8 which I believe WAS the figure .. were due 2.2 mil... Said it then and I STILL think it.. for us it was a **** poor deal
Latest update from 'Banana' (on Bees website):
"The add-on seems to be 15% (on profit) + 3.5% of headline number, so I make it £4.75m + £1.8m = £6.5m"
(The 3.5% is a Development Fee for ECFC paid aiui by Villa and the £1.8m is the original transfer fee we paid you.)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
"The add-on seems to be 15% (on profit) + 3.5% of headline number, so I make it £4.75m + £1.8m = £6.5m"
(The 3.5% is a Development Fee for ECFC paid aiui by Villa and the £1.8m is the original transfer fee we paid you.)
I think fair to say it’s the £4.75M figure that interests us most now.....everything else is history

Well-known Exeweb poster
Go bac and check.. the deal att was 1.8 plus up to a max of 4 mil. The guardian and other media are all saying the add on's ARE BELIEVED to be.... Well they ain't it's what I said.. at the time of the deal your club had a poster monitoring ex web/ fans reaction .and the deal was as I said 1.8m plus ??? To a max of 4 mil... We get 2.2 mil ... FULL STOP.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Go bac and check.. the deal att was 1.8 plus up to a max of 4 mil. The guardian and other media are all saying the add on's ARE BELIEVED to be.... Well they ain't it's what I said.. at the time of the deal your mob had a poster monitoring ex web/ fans reaction .and the deal was as I said 1.8m plus ??? To a max of 4 mil... We get 2.2 mil ... FULL STOP.
Why do you feel the need to repeat this post when the alleged statement is by no means proven.

IndoMike

Sorry, mate but that doesn't make sense
3.5% of the main fee from Villa = 980k.
Where does the 1.8m initial fee come from?
Nobody from Brentford has ever mentioned that before as part of our fee. If it's true then Banana has also gone down in my estimation since it's a big change from what he said a few hours before.
We have always understood it was
Main fee minus 1.8m + % of Brentford's profit.
I guess the simple fact is that nobody knows