• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm wondering what might happen should the parties concerned agree to not disclose the numbers involved in any final deal. The perfect situation for the exeweb conspiracy theory machine. Queue all the maiden aunts whose friend knows someone who has heard from another source what the bones of the deal are!!😁

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect that the majority of any Ollie windfall will be spent on infrastructure and on projects that will enhance revenue / reduce costs. Matt Taylor may get some extra funds, but I don't expect he will receive the sort of money that he has done previously.
I think that it will just allow us to survive the effects of Covid 19. UTC

Exehausted

I'm becoming very fearful that nothing is going to happen. The start of the season is here and pre season training has been going on for weeks. I'm sure many clubs have asked but are not prepared to pay what Brentford want. They don't need the money and although they've signed Toney having them both would help their aim of getting to the promised/poisoned (delete which one you don't agree with) land. I hope I'm wrong, but this is all becoming very draining. I can't imagine what it must be like for Matt and the club management. When the fish has been on the hook for a long time there is always the chance that it never gets landed and gets away.

DB9

I'm becoming very fearful that nothing is going to happen. The start of the season is about is here and pre season training has been going on for weeks. I'm sure many clubs have asked but are not prepared to pay what Brentford want. They don't need the money and although they've signed Toney having them both would help their aim of getting to the promised/poisoned (delete which one you don't agree with) land. I hope I'm wrong, but this is all becoming very draining. I can't imagine what it must be like for Matt and the club management. When the fish has been on the hook for a long time there is always the chance that it never gets landed and gets away.
Wouldn't worry about it, If it happens great, If it doesn't, Well you never miss what you've never had.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
How would you like us to spend/ allocate it if/when we get it? Honest question.
Get a new shirt designed and equal pay for the women's team.

No brainer.

DB9

Get a new shirt designed and equal pay for the women's team.

No brainer.
It's not often a fish throws the bait! :ROFLMAO: (y)

Exehausted

Wouldn't worry about it, If it happens great, If it doesn't, Well you never miss what you've never had.
I know what you're saying, but the club must have made two plans. They will know a lot more than we do about the situation, including if it's 15 or 20% sell on clause. In these uncertain times a windfall is even more important than ever. Even if we get a big club in one of the cups the crowd will be severely reduced. This sell on is our only realistic hope of a windfall before Christmas. I'm sorry but you haven't calmed my nerves at all!

DB9

I know what you're saying, but the club must have made two plans. They will know a lot more than we do about the situation, including if it's 15 or 20% sell on clause. In these uncertain times a windfall is even more important than ever. Even if we get a big club in one of the cups the crowd will be severely reduced. This sell on is our only realistic hope of a windfall before Christmas. I'm sorry but you haven't calmed my nerves at all!
They might or they might know exactly the same as us, I can't imagine one club knowing about another clubs player possible future other than the agreed sell on %, Even if he was once with us and we have a possible financial stake in that player.

geoffwp

When the fish has been on the hook for a long time there is always the chance that it never gets landed and gets away.
Agreed, but also when the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. 😉

Banksy

With all this talk of millions on millions to and from Villa and Brentford and all clubs in between , plus wages totalling seventy thousand per week , I’m beginning to think football , at that end of the food chain at least , has lost all touch with reality and I have to force myself to get remotely interested in it and all the nonsense and hype surrounding it .But then , that applies to a lot of things in this weird world , some folk fighting to survive , others living in a bubble where none of the world’s problems touches them.( Having said that young Rashford’s efforts are a breath of fresh air and an example for all.)
The only good thing is that our crumbs from the rich mens’ table could well keep the club in existence.But as DB9 says not worth getting worried about , if it happens then great.

Last edited: