• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interview with Ollie Watkins right now on talksport. Still going on

Last edited:

IndoMike

Hour long interview with Trevor Sinclair and some TalkSport people. Sounds really confident and sure of himself.

Information

BerksBee

Those who missed the Ollie Watkins interview on TalkSport can catch it here:

White and Sawyer - Featuring Trevor Sinclair

Use the drop down box to change the time to 12.00 - 12.30 for the first part and 12.30 - 1.00 for the second.

I don't know how long this will up for, so I'd suggest listening as soon as is convenient.

Very good interview, Ollie comes across as articulate, intelligent and confident!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those who missed the Ollie Watkins interview on TalkSport can catch it here:

White and Sawyer - Featuring Trevor Sinclair

Use the drop down box to change the time to 12.00 - 12.30 for the first part and 12.30 - 1.00 for the second.

I don't know how long this will up for, so I'd suggest listening as soon as is convenient.

Very good interview, Ollie comes across as articulate, intelligent and confident!
Interesting to hear Trevor Sinclair ask Ollie if he's contemplated the possibility of an England call-up.

With the injuries to Kane and Rashford, it can't be beyond the realms of possibility that he might, just might, be in the squad for the friendlies against Italy and Austria at the end of next month.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Interesting to hear Trevor Sinclair ask Ollie if he's contemplated the possibility of an England call-up.

With the injuries to Kane and Rashford, it can't be beyond the realms of possibility that he might, just might, be in the squad for the friendlies against Italy and Austria at the end of next month.
I thought the admission that his Grandfather was Scottish was of more interest on that front. They're crying out for a centre forward.

Reactions: WXF

BerksBee

It's always possible, but I don't think Southgate really looks at Championship players and I don't think he'd be ready yet for that level. There's one big difference between the Championship and the Premiership and I'd imagine international level—you don't get as many chances and the chances you do get you have to put away. He's currently playing in a very attacking side in a front three that many people consider to be the most lethal in the Championship, so they create a lot of chances—yet he still misses some.

Rosencrantz

It's always possible, but I don't think Southgate really looks at Championship players and I don't think he'd be ready yet for that level. There's one big difference between the Championship and the Premiership and I'd imagine international level—you don't get as many chances and the chances you do get you have to put away. He's currently playing in a very attacking side in a front three that many people consider to be the most lethal in the Championship, so they create a lot of chances—yet he still misses some.
Southgate tends to look to the England youth set up more than premiership form sometimes. I would expect Abrahams and Calvert-Lewin along with Callum Wilson or Danny Ings. As unfair as some might think, he would probably look at Eddie Nketiah before Ollie at the moment because he has come up through the England system.

StudentGrecian

Southgate tends to look to the England youth set up more than premiership form sometimes. I would expect Abrahams and Calvert-Lewin along with Callum Wilson or Danny Ings. As unfair as some might think, he would probably look at Eddie Nketiah before Ollie at the moment because he has come up through the England system.
I'd argue he's even more likely to select Rooney given that he is back in England, unlikely to play a role but valuable experience for young strikers like Abrahams and Calvert-Lewin. Knowing that Rashford and Kane will be back for the euros, it's an easy way to fill the gap in the meantime.

P.S. I'm not saying I'd rather this as an England fan, just what I think is more likely.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He won't select Rooney because Rooney is retired from International duty and has been for some time