• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brentford now 2 points above the relegation zone and sinking like a stone since their manager Smith left. Looks like he was the key to their success.
No no no. The Brentford fan said that wasn't true. They're special. Do things differently. Losing Smith will make no difference...

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could have the best new Stadium in League 1 at this rate.

IndoMike

No no no. The Brentford fan said that wasn't true. They're special. Do things differently. Losing Smith will make no difference...
;). The manager was more special than the club, seemingly.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Could have the best new Stadium in League 1 at this rate.
Incidentally, I don't know if anyone else has travelled on the line between Waterloo and Hounslow and been through Kew Bridge, but one thing I noticed was just how close to the line the stadium is (even closer than the line running by the Park!). One well directed hoof over the roof and we could be talking rail disaster time - although I've also thought that about the proximity of Sandy Park to the M5 and nothing has happened yet!

Oh, and sod the pubs on each corner (which are all utterly awful), when they move to the new ground ale and "proper" cider lovers will delight in the Express Tavern. Proper spit 'n' sawdust (albeit serves food which I'm told is pretty decent), great array of intoxicating liquors on sale.

grecIAN Harris

Incidentally, I don't know if anyone else has travelled on the line between Waterloo and Hounslow and been through Kew Bridge, but one thing I noticed was just how close to the line the stadium is (even closer than the line running by the Park!). One well directed hoof over the roof and we could be talking rail disaster time - although I've also thought that about the proximity of Sandy Park to the M5 and nothing has happened yet!
Don't be so wet Jason. A football bare weighs a pound and a train is how many tonnes guided by rails? It's not like the driver is going to swerve to avoid it.

IndoMike

Don't be so wet Jason. A football bare weighs a pound and a train is how many tonnes guided by rails? It's not like the driver is going to swerve to avoid it.
Yeah, but he might try to head it and lose control of the train " "On me 'ead".

malcolms

Oh, and sod the pubs on each corner (which are all utterly awful), when they move to the new ground ale and "proper" cider lovers will delight in the Express Tavern. Proper spit 'n' sawdust (albeit serves food which I'm told is pretty decent), great array of intoxicating liquors on sale.
Not sure it's any closer than the New Den is to the railway line....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure it's any closer than the New Den is to the railway line....
I can't say I've been down that way on the train so couldn't comment, but Brentford's new stadium is *ridiculously* close to the platform at Kew Bridge.

ecfc2000

Is a capacity of 17,500 really 'Premiership ready'? Doesn't seem much bigger (in capacity) to what they have now.

ExeterCityLad

Is a capacity of 17,500 really 'Premiership ready'? Doesn't seem much bigger (in capacity) to what they have now.
It's much more than Bournemouth's, isn't it?