• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

BerksBee

Not half the first team but I wouldn't be surprised to see Maupay and Watkins leave for the prem or bigger Championship clubs.
What I mean is, so many of our first team players are being linked to moves to other clubs if the press are to be believed. You can take most of it with a pinch of salt, it's pure speculation and click bait.

As mentioned previously, it depends on where we are in the table and what view is taken with regards to promotion prospects. If promotion is considered a very real possibility they won't let any players go that are not either in the last year of their contract or haven't signed a new contract. There's two of those - Lewis Macleod and Yoann Barbet, I wouldn't be surprised if either or both those go in January.

Most of the others are on longish contracts so whether they go or not depends on the above or whether their valuation is met.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The selling on of players by BFC is a bit tightrope for them I would suggest. Brentford can hardly present themselves as a great place to develop young talent and have an enlightened attitude toward letting them move on to bigger and better things if they’re going to deny them a move based on an arbitrary view of their valuation.

ExeterCityLad

For Ollie, I think a move to Villa would be best for him personally. However, if it is a Prem move then I'd definitely pick Burnley over Bournemouth.

IndoMike

For Ollie, I think a move to Villa would be best for him personally. However, if it is a Prem move then I'd definitely pick Burnley over Bournemouth.
Why? I think Bournemouth would be perfect for him. It's true that he's a Josh King/Wilson type player so would have some competition, but it's a nice club and not far from London or Exeter. Great young manager, too, and probably won't be involved in a relegation battle.

ExeterCityLad

Why? I think Bournemouth would be perfect for him. It's true that he's a Josh King/Wilson type player so would have some competition, but it's a nice club and not far from London or Exeter. Great young manager, too, and probably won't be involved in a relegation battle.
Because of exactly what you said. Don't think he would get in the team over King/Wilson etc. Burnley I can see him being a regular starter.

Banksy

Whoever is prepared to pay Brentford the most for him so we can bank a sizable packet towards our League one push.Other than that I really don't care.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Because of exactly what you said. Don't think he would get in the team over King/Wilson etc. Burnley I can see him being a regular starter.
It would only take one of them to get injured and I reckon he'd be straight in.

IndoMike

Just paper talk, but Wilson rumored to interest Chelsea, so B'mouth might want Ollie, so we might get lots of dosh.

IndoMike

Brentford now 2 points above the relegation zone and sinking like a stone since their manager Smith left. Looks like he was the key to their success.

DB9

As mentioned previously, it depends on where we are in the table and what view is taken with regards to promotion prospects.
At the moment you're looking behind you rather than looking above and your promotion prospects aren't brilliant at the moment