• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Want a picture of him with a Brentford scarf first. Then I know he's moved.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought we turned down 3m a while ago ?Anyway, good luck to him in the future and thanks for the memories.

fred binneys head

This is the best club for him - I'm delighted for him - go show 'em what you can do Ollie - thanks for what you gave us and good luck.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best club for him in my mind. Thanks for the memories, will never forget the "Watkins Derby".

Wish him all the best. Hope he smashes it.

Boyo

If all the rumoured details are true including Forrest bidding £4M, we'll have to have one hell of a sell on to match what we would have raised selling him to Forrest. If the rumoured £1.4M is true Brentford will have to sell him on for £11.5M to get the cash the Forrest move would have generated and thats assuming a whopping 25% sell on. If all this is true I'm not sure we've taken advantage of his EFL Young player of the Year award. Personally I'm not sure Ollie will ever make the Premiership and not sure I believe he'll be valued at that price.

Of course its more likely however that all the rumours are a load of old do do as normal and we'll never find out any reliable details about his sale:x
If it remains undisclosed we will still find out the transfer income in future accounts. With regards the £4m price tag, I would humbly suggest that was pie in the sky and a figment of someone's imagination.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sky sports transfer centre done deal 1.8 million
If this is true and the fee is as reported (and is a flat fee without big additional amounts based on games played and a big sell-on) I fear we have been outmanoeuvred, we were offered significantly more than that in January.

elginCity

a fee has been agreed around £1.4 million. The figure which is near what I had said we would be paying. However although it probably won't be disclosed your club will have a sell on figure of around 20%, maybe a tad more.
Our friend wasn't so far away, I'm assuming 20%+ sell on is not typical so perhaps that's wot won it for the Bees.

Good luck, Ollie.

Jammers20

Wish him all the best, hope he makes something of the move..
Important we keep Wheeler now

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Important we keep Wheeler now
Yes, losing Dave now on top of Ollie and Ethan would significantly weaken us.

Ollie has been a model professional in many ways and I'm sure he'll continue to be so. I will never forget his "assist hatrick" I saw against Colchester. I have a bit of an (ahem) assist fetish so it brought me no end of pleasure.

Boyo

If this is true and the fee is as reported (and is a flat fee without big additional amounts based on games played and a big sell-on) I fear we have been outmanoeuvred, we were offered significantly more than that in January.
Offers of £3m and £4m are just rumours, surely?