• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Saint James

Much better than Grimes, really? I remember a few games where Grimes ran the show, and was generally at a high level. The fact that he has largely disappointed since isn't our fault
Tis all a matter of opinions and I thought Grimes was an excellent player for us and one I would relish to see again. However, the opinion of people in football (rather than us as fans) is that Watkins is a better player than Grimes hence why he won his EFL Award and hence why his value should be much higher than what we received for Grimes (in my opinion).

Pobbop

Tis all a matter of opinions and I thought Grimes was an excellent player for us and one I would relish to see again. However, the opinion of people in football (rather than us as fans) is that Watkins is a better player than Grimes hence why he won his EFL Award and hence why his value should be much higher than what we received for Grimes (in my opinion).
Also got to take into account how teams are going crazy ATM. If a club gets promoted to the Prem, it's worth much more than ever, so if a manager/chairman think ollie can be that final jigsaw, well they may want to risk a bit more to get the huge jackpot.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the Sky Sports transfer news website only Club confirmed as having a definite interest in Ollie is Brentford so think that it must now be odds on that is where he will end up.

Interesting that two players who really divided opinions whilst with City, Sercombe and Nichols, are now both with Bristol Rovers.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forest just sold their main man for 14m to Middlesborough freeing up big funds for a large bid for Ollie.....

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
woops,,,:(

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Didn't we get the new away end from Brentford ? Maybe we have swapped Watkins for it.

grecianstew

Ermine no. I think there is a difference between Brentford and Barnet!
Anyway, story is only from another rumour site, who probably get their stories from here and similar.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we get the new away end from Brentford ? Maybe we have swapped Watkins for it.
Barnet.

Anyway I wouldn't be too interested in a hitc site. Notoriously full of BS, I'd imagine they'd heard the rumours and wanted to make an exclusive on the chance they could be correct.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/17/por-brentford-agree-deal-for-exeters-watkins/

Deal apparently done. To Brentford.[/QUOT

the actual words in the HITC story are 'closing in' 'advanced stages' and 'pole position'

The report doesn't yet say 'done deal'