• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OFF: ECFC V Barnsley : MDT 24th January 7.45pm

Bat Fastard

It counts for nothing. Even at low level village football a ref has to call off a game! This is a situation where the club simply cannot win although I do agree that the lack of information is pizz poor
Fair enough, maybe it’s all on the Fa then! In which case I retract my earlier tinpot comments

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any parts of the pitch that have been in the direct sunlight today, will have thawed. The parts of the pitch that are covered are the sections that receive the least sunlight. The areas of most concern will be the sections of the pitch in the shadow of the main stand and the away end.
We are being told from SJP that some areas of the pitch are still frozen. Would you care to speculate which ? It is an either or question, the areas which were covered, or those not ? :unsure:

Bat Fastard

Why hasn’t our ref showed up to have a look yet out of interest? Seems like plenty of games lower down have been inspected already? Would have thought there would be a time a ref has to show up by

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are being told from SJP that some areas of the pitch are still frozen. Would you care to speculate which ? It is an either or question, the areas which were covered, or those not ? :unsure:
I would be surprised if it was the uncovered areas given it has been +4 and sunny. It makes you wonder whether there is any point putting the covers on in the other areas!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would be surprised if it was the uncovered areas given it has been +4 and sunny. It makes you wonder whether there is any point putting the covers on in the other areas!
The uncovered areas looked well on their way to being thawed out this morning so if there are any issues it has to be the covered parts which make me question the point of frost covers if they can't even protect down to -4?

Oldsmobile-88

Just the corner of the Selco & St James Rd end.

Colesman Ballz

Thanks Olds, not much chance of an improvement there before k.o. unfortunately. :(

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
under the covers then! Back to the drawing board for the new covers then!Can we send them back in the original packaging :)

Bongo1959

Get some lights !!!

Colesman Ballz

Get some lights !!!
With or without some Vietnamese minders ? :cool: