• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OFF: ECFC V Barnsley : MDT 24th January 7.45pm

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So poor it’s taken this long
Aye.

A lot of folk are going to be very brassed off if the game is called off.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shit happens sometimes I guess

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aye.

Regardless of the outcome the communication from the club has been really poor on this.

Boyo

So poor it’s taken this long
IF it was called off early, people would have been annoyed. IF it's called off late, people will be annoyed. It's an impossible situation.

Leads

Regardless of the outcome the communication from the club has been really poor on this.
Why would they not announce that a pitch inspection is happening? Seems contrary to what they were saying earlier about keeping everyone updated.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aye.

But on the brightside there could be a lot of Chunks pies and pasties going cheap !
Every cloud etc.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
IF it was called off early, people would have been annoyed. IF it's called off late, people will be annoyed. It's an impossible situation.
Indeed but earlier is much better than later. Even just an update to say there’s concern over one area of the pitch and an inspection is planned would have helped

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those who have had to travel would have been much less annoyed...

CWH-NYC_

How long does a pitch inspection take for goodness sake. What are they doing checking Chaz’s seeds are in straight.

Boyo

Indeed but earlier is much better than later. Even just an update to say there’s concern over one area of the pitch and an inspection is planned would have helped
Of course, but if you make an early call, you have to be very certain that the conditions are going to be unplayable. That's clearly not the case. I agree about the comms, they've not been good. I guess the Club don't want to publish the fact that the game is in doubt, as it may reduce ticket sales. I've no doubt that once a decision is finalised, we'll hear very quickly.