• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Notts County vs Exeter City match day thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll take an anonymous player if he can pop up and deliver like that in tight, draw on the cards type games.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll take an anonymous player if he can pop up and deliver like that in tight, draw on the cards type games.
One swallow doesn't make a summer Geoffrey, you should know that by now.

fred binneys head

I wouldn’t. We were playing the worst team in the league, we need more from our players than Wilson showed us.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt you will see a more comfortable 10 man performance from City.Despite some of the pressure Notts had,I was never worried that they would score.City deserved to beat a team so lacking in talent that they tried to rely on the inept referee giving them something.

The energy from Jay and Taylor was incredible.K Wilson ripped the Notts defence apart at times.Our entire defence was like a brick wall and Law's determination won the match for us.

Matt Taylor is the new master tactician. Sweeney provided that solidity in defence that we didn't have before the sending off and bringing on D Wilson worked well.It gave us a shape that Notts weren't expecting.Special mention for D Wilson. We were lumping the ball 5 yards in front and over his head and he was never going to get it.When he had it at his feet,he created the winning goal.He will probably start against Mansfield, play to his strengths.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks, fred. Just loved that goal! [ecfc]

Grecian2K

WTF are you on about 2K ?
My humblest apologies Chappie. Just excited over an unexpected win. Never meant to cause offense by my red and white enthusiasm.

manc grecian

fred binneys head

Great skill from Wilson and no complaints about Bowman
It was the first yellow that looked soft, I wasn’t surprised with the second.

dontpassback

Well done city,another win on the road,onwards and upwards (clap)