• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Not even 4K?

grecianite79

Oml!! The police made it all ticket!! End of!!!

Jam Doughnut

A JPT first round game wouldn't normally attract much of a crowd, but much better attendance last year for the same fixture at Gnome Park.

Very poor away support for the Gargoyles.

Would have been a more "exciting" atmosphere if we'd been away in Plymuff for this one...
i heard that only plymouth season ticket holders could buy a ticket for this game , which explains their poor turnout.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
the prices were even reduced so there's no way it's down to fans not wanting to turn up.
Ok, fair point. I'm not aware of the prices ...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was a low turnout solely because of the imposed ticketing regime? Or was it just one factor of several? A lot of home games in one month, a tough economic climate where a lot of people just can't afford not to pick and choose, a rival who is no longer the big club they thought they were, etc etc ...
I think you've got it spot on Rae. The imposed ticket regime didnt help, because a lot of people (particularly older people) confronted with trying to work out how to actually get a ticket probably said f*ck this for a lark, and decided they wouldnt bother!

I also feel that this game had very little appeal, for the reasons you've touched on. I would add that this competition is probably more of an irritant than anything else, when its plainly evident that unless Tisdale seriously tries at the very least to get three players in who can hit the ground running, we're going to struggle to stay in League One this season. Make of it what you will, but we were supposed to win this game by a cricket score! What happens? it goes to f*cking penalties! I dont think Tisdale knows where to start to sort this bunch out for the weekend.

I know a lot of people on here dont have the balls to accept reality (except ********), and like to suggest 'its going to be a long old season' but then add 'but in tiz we trust' but I think the man has a mountain to climb this season, if we're to pull away from the bottom four.

ForeverECFC

I think you've got it spot on Rae. The imposed ticket regime didnt help, because a lot of people (particularly older people) confronted with trying to work out how to actually get a ticket probably said f*ck this for a lark, and decided they wouldnt bother!

I also feel that this game had very little appeal, for the reasons you've touched on. I would add that this competition is probably more of an irritant than anything else, when its plainly evident that unless Tisdale seriously tries at the very least to get three players in who can hit the ground running, we're going to struggle to stay in League One this season. Make of it what you will, but we were supposed to win this game by a cricket score! What happens? it goes to f*cking penalties! I dont think Tisdale knows where to start to sort this bunch out for the weekend.

I know a lot of people on here dont have the balls to accept reality (except ********), and like to suggest 'its going to be a long old season' but then add 'but in tiz we trust' but I think the man has a mountain to climb this season, if we're to pull away from the bottom four.
For once i agree with you Pete.

IndoMike

My nephew and I really wanted to go, but due to the ticketing system resulting from the cops usual misreading of the situation, we were unable to get tickets. That's 50 quid that went to the Nobody Inn in Dunchideock and not to City.

This Painty thing is a waste of space. It only pays off (a bit) if you get to the final, otherwise it's just a drain on our limited resources.

City will get better, but why does Tis always need 2-3 months at the beginning of every season to work out the best way for us to play? Isn't that what the pre-season is for?

I'm a bit p*ssed off.

EGTE

It's precisely down to fans not wanting to turn up!
3 games in a week, and a poor showing on Saturday helped keep the crowd "low". The decision to make Liverpool all-ticket didn't stop people from buying tickets. Don't forget that Torquay would be delighted with 3900!
The ticketing system is easy to use in my experience. Providing you don't leave it until the last minute and need to queue to collect your ticket! Never had problems with ordering and getting tickets delivered on-time.

Cravat 2

Blaming it on the ticketing system is so blinkered. There's more to it than just that.

The ticketing for Liverpool was similar and we sold out.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
In spite of it being Argyle, it was a nothing game in a competition that doesn't mean much until the closing stages. There was nothing in it that would induce me to plough a lonely furrow down the M 4/5 to watch it.

IndoMike

Blaming it on the ticketing system is so blinkered. There's more to it than just that.

The ticketing for Liverpool was similar and we sold out.
But it does seem strange that a match which attracted three men and a dog should have been all ticket. I reckon hundreds more would have attended if they could have just showed up at the gate. Didn't the cops have any idea that only a catttlewagon-full of Ourgirlies would show up?