• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Not even 4K?

RobG

Exeter has a core of about 3500 fans, who will pretty much turn up to every home game, then they have about 3000 floaters
I dont think this is true, i bet other than the 2000? season ticket holders, there are about 4000 who turn up to 75% of the games and over a season it evens out at our attendance.

I dont think it is such a steep divide between every game people and floaters.

Cravat 2

Can I just point out that a game being 'all ticket' doesn't mean it has to be priority numbers and known fans only. That was the clubs choice not the police.
Who exactly are we expecting to turn up?! Being 'known' goes back to Wembley, doesn't it? So after the season ticket holders, priority members, and the 25 thousand at Wembley, who wanted to come to this game but couldn't?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Should never have been All Ticket and that's a fact.
...yet people were saying the exact opposite after the trouble at Argyle for last season's JPT tie.

It was always going to be all ticket this time, the low life at Home Park last November made that decision for the police.

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
Not sure it was a major surprise and not sure it was the ticketing arrangements to blame (but not commenting on the efficiency or appropriateness of them here mind you).

But if you look over the attendances across all clubs last night in the JPT, they were consistently just under 50% of what they might expect for a normal league game. The fact that we got just under 50% of what we would usually get for a game against Argyle means that 4k was probably about par for the course. We ended up with a crowd that was not far off our usual league home gate - no one esle did from what I can see (maybe Bradford aside - but again a Derby flavour helps there). So, in a way, we got a decent crowd and I am not sure we could have expected more.

ForeverECFC

do believe that we could easily have made it an all ticket match without the requirement for priority numbers etc.
Can I just point out that a game being 'all ticket' doesn't mean it has to be priority numbers and known fans only. That was the clubs choice not the police.
You have, but I guess nobody cares, one day people may work out how amateur the club is, but it won't be today.
All three are so true.

ForeverECFC

...yet people were saying the exact opposite after the trouble at Argyle for last season's JPT tie.
First Devon Derby for a long time with alot of hype going into it

Willy Nilly

When are people going to get it into their heads that, other than the hardcore fans, no-one was f*cking interested in this game.

I'm surprised we got as many through the gates as we did.

It's got feck all to do with the ticket situation. We might have missed out on a handful of scallies turning up, but nothing else.

Anyone with even just a passing interest in city (as mentioned above, just a Wembley day-tripper) could have gotten a ticket on the day of the match.

Last edited:

Leanord

What annoyed me was the fact that there was a que outside the ground way before kick off (where most people didn't even know what que they were supposed to be in). But as soon as the 300 or so waiting outside got in, the flow of fans arriving was few and far between. I think the ticket system was designed purely to prevent/help identify trouble makers. But even if it was non-ticket, I think we would have only got an extra 200, no-one cares about a non-league side playing at SJP anymore.