• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No more iFollow

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably loads of moved kick offs so probably not worth renewing especially if you sit down. People like this should probably inform the club so they can free up spaces.

iscalad

Just received an email from the EFL. Clubs may be getting for more money but the fans, as usual, will suffer.

Spoonz Red E

There could also be a commercial opportunity for the Club here.
Make watching selected away Sky games involving ECFC an SJP based event.
Centre Spot, covered Red Square, possibly Big Screen.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Another option, instead of paying for a Sky TV contract, with loads of channels you don't want, is to use Sky Sports on Now TV. Last season I paid £20 a month. When I renewed for this season, they tried to charge me £32.99, which I wouldn't pay. I contacted them, said I wasn't renewing and they offered it me at £21 for this season. There is no contract so, "if money is too tight to mention", you can cancel with just one month's notice. Individual matches, without the monthly commitment costs £9.99 for 24 hours - so £21 per month is relatively good value. For those interested in other sports, you get coverage of many of them too.

I have it 24/7 and enjoy watching Ollie, Stanno and other ex-City 'stars'. Having no 'second team', I can also watch other PL games at times, dispassionately.

denzel

Probably loads of moved kick offs so probably not worth renewing especially if you sit down. People like this should probably inform the club so they can free up spaces.
My fag packet estimate: we had 16 Saturday 3pm games this season, if they choose say three L1 games a week that will be around 4 games moved per season.
It's up to people to work put whether that's worth it, I guess. I'll still be there, though it might impact on away games.

CWH-NYC_

I for one don't think I'll spend any time watching Burton Albion v Lincoln City unless I'm at an absolute loose end!
Nor me. Not a chance!

scottus86

Very good point. I cannot do Sundays if that's where they're thinking of moving them, and 12:30 is a real struggle to get there.
Whereas if there were games on Sundays, I'd actually be able to attend.

Swings and round abouts.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sincerely hope we're not going back to the days of our matches being moved hither and thither as happened in the days of Setanta.

Surprised there's been little rejoicing that we can now watch EVERY match from the LeylandDAFreightRoverAutoWindscreensAutoglassCheckatradePapaJohnstonesPaintBSM Trophy. Looking forward to watching Leicester U21s v Burton.

Last edited:

arthur

It does mean that the commentary for the televised games will be provided by Sky, not Radio Devon/Radio Some Other Provincial Outpost. On balance, this is probably a good thing, though the potential to irritate will always remain :)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without checking the article, from memory

5 championship and 5 split between lge 1 and 2 will move to 1230 kick off on a Saturday afternoon every weekend match day. This works out at 32 scheduled match weekends I think.

The first batch will be announced upto the new year before the season starts. I don't know when the announcement of the 2nd half of the season starts and also unsure if there is a quota for appearances etc. of max of min, in the weekend batch of matches

Every match outside of the 3pm black out will be broadcast live on sky via either the usual xhannels or streaming red button(now I think they're bonus streams which I think you cannot access via the day pass). So international weekends, boxing day, new year's day, in between both and bank holidays.

Opening day and final day all matches will be broadcast across all 3 divisions. Presume these will move kick off times

All league cup, EFL trophy matches and playoffs to be broadcast live

I follow to cease in the UK during this TV deal, so the final day will be the last I follow match in the uk assuming our match isn't selected for tv coverage by sky and sky will be the only legal place in the UK to watch

I think sky have agreed to a production value of a minimum number of cameras (8 champ, 4 league one and 2 league two)

As said this is all from memory

I am hopeful sky will sublet some fta live matches from the league cup and championship to help increase exposure for the league alongside the traditional highlights package

Last edited: