• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

No more iFollow

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like Scott and Craig will be busy this summer!

I think this should have its own thread. I was going to start it but saw this post. Over to you Hants..

dontpassback

I think this should have its own thread. I was going to start it but saw this post. Over to you Hants..
Sounds like a great idea from city !

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I Have put this in the sports rights thread, but feels right to place it here as well.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sky sports plus announced

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a great idea from city !
My take is that Grecian+ is the bundled offering from Sky's SkySports+ similar to the current iFollow offering?

Grecian Max

My take is that Grecian+ is the bundled offering from Sky's SkySports+ similar to the current iFollow offering?
Think it'll be separate; showing all 46 games + Carabao Cup games v Sky Sports' offering

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some confirmation around the time scale for TV picks for the new TV deal

Jonathan Licht, Sky Sports managing director, promised: “We are making a commitment to every club in the EFL and this is a big step-change for League One and Two.

“This season, 20 of the 48 clubs in those divisions were not covered live even once.

“But we will also announce in July all the games we are screening live up until the first week in January.

"And by the start of November that will be extended to the beginning of March, to give fans as much notice as we can.”

The opening weekend plans from Friday August 9 are possible because the FA only applies for the 3pm “blackout” rule to apply when 50 per cent of Prem and Championship matches are kicking off - with the top flight starting a week later.

andrew p long

Some confirmation around the time scale for TV picks for the new TV deal

Jonathan Licht, Sky Sports managing director, promised: “We are making a commitment to every club in the EFL and this is a big step-change for League One and Two.

“This season, 20 of the 48 clubs in those divisions were not covered live even once.

“But we will also announce in July all the games we are screening live up until the first week in January.

"And by the start of November that will be extended to the beginning of March, to give fans as much notice as we can.”

The opening weekend plans from Friday August 9 are possible because the FA only applies for the 3pm “blackout” rule to apply when 50 per cent of Prem and Championship matches are kicking off - with the top flight starting a week later.
The Saturday 3pm blackout rule continues to head toward eventual collapse - partly due to its own internal contradictions.

tonykellowfan

To be honest I would much prefer the world where every game is streamed, regardless of the kick off time.

I think that it is inevitable that we will reach that point.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest I would much prefer the world where every game is streamed, regardless of the kick off time.

I think that it is inevitable that we will reach that point.
This is where it will end up. The next question is how will football make the most money from it and protect attendances.

For an English football app sold direct worldwide showing every match from the conference up to premier league, EFL cup, trophy and fa cup is the ultimate way forward. £15 a month over 10 months, over 100 million subscribers would make football £15b per annum... 100 million is around around a sixth of the premier leagues viewership.