• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s not injured. For whatever reason MT just doesn’t want to play him.
Shame as I still think given a run in the side he would score goals.
At some point one of the journo’s really need to ask MT straight what’s going on with Ajose.
He hasn't for the last 5 years.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ajose isn't injured, he's been fit and available throughout pre season.

Banksy

Ajose isn't injured, he's been fit and available throughout pre season.
Then Taylor needs to be asked what the problem is soonest , heaven only knows we need to find some spark up front with the lot we’ve got .If Ajose can’t cut it then tell the supporters so.Guess we’ll be carrying him now until his contract runs out.

DB9

Then Taylor needs to be asked what the problem is soonest , heaven only knows we need to find some spark up front with the lot we’ve got .If Ajose can’t cut it then tell the supporters so.Guess we’ll be carrying him now until his contract runs out.
He is a luxury we can't afford but let him play if he's fit, You never know it might put him in the shop window.

dommers

He is a luxury we can't afford but let him play if he's fit, You never know it might put him in the shop window.
And I still believe he is capable of scoring goals in the right team, but sadly I don't think he play much and we'll be paying his wages for most of the season which we can't really afford to do.

DB9

And I still believe he is capable of scoring goals in the right team, but sadly I don't think he play much and we'll be paying his wages for most of the season which we can't really afford to do.
Sadly he doesn't seem to have found the right team for the last 5 years. I know I'm going on about it but since we are this season in "Transition" and had to cut our cloth accordingly, If according to everyone he's on a good wedge then really MT has to hold up his hands on this one.

manc grecian

If we can't move him on or sign someone better then he should play.

STURTZ

Can't see how he could have solved our goalscoring problem today, he would have had to pick up the ball in midfield and taken the ball into a goal scoring position before letting fire and I don't think he's ever been that sort of player, there were precious few occasions when the ball was free in the area for a tap in. Seems to me that it's a creative midfielder that we need that can play our forwards in behind.

Grecianpasty

If we can't move him on or sign someone better then he should play.
Why should he play? He's done nothing to warrant playing. If the bloke isn't playing and the managers told him he can leave, the only reason for him staying would be job security, because he sure as hell won't be finding another league 2 club.

benjisheps

i agree with this. I’m a big fan of MT but i do think he needs to be questioned on this. It would be different if he inherited Ajose (like he did Sweeney) but he signed Ajose and spoke about what an excellent signing he was etc etc.
MT also always talks about how important it is to get value for money from the signings and obviously this isn’t the case in this situation.
Has Ajose really been given a chance? He’s only played 16 games and still scored 5 goals (all be it some in the Trophy) so lesser opposition.
It just seems disappointing that MT (as things stand) got this signing so wrong.