• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently been suspended by the club for 2 weeks.

burtiew

Why?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shouting at one of the academy players inappropriately.

Bridgy 81

I’m not sure if Nicky Ajose is working in our academy as part of an agreement linked to his playing contract or whether it’s an entirely separate arrangement, as I don’t think it’s been reported by the club.
But on a slightly different point, is it possible to not pass any of the various FA/UEFA coaching qualifications?
I’ve read a lot of reports and listened to numerous interviews about people towards the end their playing careers, or recently retired, undertaking their ‘badges’ but I don’t ever recall hearing that any of them have been unsuccessful.

TSW1389

I’m not sure if Nicky Ajose is working in our academy as part of an agreement linked to his playing contract or whether it’s an entirely separate arrangement, as I don’t think it’s been reported by the club.
But on a slightly different point, is it possible to not pass any of the various FA/UEFA coaching qualifications?
I’ve read a lot of reports and listened to numerous interviews about people towards the end their playing careers, or recently retired, undertaking their ‘badges’ but I don’t ever recall hearing that any of them have been unsuccessful.
All badges/ coaching qualifications past level 1 (level 1 is possible to fail but harder to fail than not to pass) are pass/fail.
As you go up the levels the time taken increases and the level you coach must increase too.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon it was a bad day when he got involved with ECFC full stop.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Podge has got all his badges (I think), if we need an attacking coach

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
His playing contract came to an end and he was released (reported on the club website) so there is no link. Regards coaching badges you may find some of your questions answered here: Football Coaching Information (facoachingbadges.co.uk) www.facoachingbadges.co.uk/questions.html
I'm not sure anyone would advertise being unsuccessful on a course but would try again as soon as possible?

Average Joe

Such a waste of talent, Nicky's record shows he would do well as a league two / one player and I'm sure there's more to give. In my opinion I would rather players who have been hungry for it work with our youth.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such a waste of talent, Nicky's record shows he would do well as a league two / one player and I'm sure there's more to give. In my opinion I would rather players who have been hungry for it work with our youth.
Not sure where to start with that its so full of assumptions. Firstly, none of us have a scooby about how 'hungry' Ajose is in his coaching career. I would argue the polar opposite in that anyone who had so many people questioning his comittment as an Exeter City player is incredibly brave to be then coaching at the same club!! Shows he must be very hungry to succeed because I can't imagine he was down to his last fiver so presumably had several options elsewhere (I had read Weymouth offered him a playing deal) but choose to stay here and prove any Tom, Dick and Joe they were wrong :)