• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shouting at one of the academy players inappropriately.
notwithstanding the chance of rehabilitation,education and redemption, this sounds pretty close to terminal for an academy coach to me. Treating people with respect is key to the ECFC academy ethos.
I couldn't help thinking of Cheickh Diabate's interview and what it would have been like if this was done by a coach to him as a 16 year old away from home for the first time.

Boyo

notwithstanding the chance of rehabilitation,education and redemption, this sounds pretty close to terminal for an academy coach to me. Treating people with respect is key to the ECFC academy ethos.
I couldn't help thinking of Cheickh Diabate's interview and what it would have been like if this was done by a coach to him as a 16 year old away from home for the first time.
Before he's hanged, drawn and quartered, we should probably wait for more than a comment about an alleged misdemeanor from an Exewebber.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Before he's hanged, drawn and quartered, we should probably wait for more than a comment about an alleged misdemeanor from an Exewebber.
A fine Exewebber at that.

Agree though, however it's from a very reliable source so I have no doubt it's completely true.

Average Joe

Not sure where to start with that its so full of assumptions. Firstly, none of us have a scooby about how 'hungry' Ajose is in his coaching career. I would argue the polar opposite in that anyone who had so many people questioning his comittment as an Exeter City player is incredibly brave to be then coaching at the same club!! Shows he must be very hungry to succeed because I can't imagine he was down to his last fiver so presumably had several options elsewhere (I had read Weymouth offered him a playing deal) but choose to stay here and prove any Tom, Dick and Joe they were wrong :)
I'm making my assumptions on what was displayed whilst having a playing contract with us, he id not show commitment to training and clearly didn't want to play, he cost us two years worth of wages for 2 goals in 17 games. I'm sorry but I just don't feel like it's someone I wanted around the club..

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm making my assumptions on what was displayed whilst having a playing contract with us, he id not show commitment to training and clearly didn't want to play, he cost us two years worth of wages for 2 goals in 17 games. I'm sorry but I just don't feel like it's someone I wanted around the club..
Better ratio than Seymour 😁

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Notwithstanding if he has been suspended for entirely genuine reasons his playing career is imo totally irrelevant as to the quality of his coaching.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just prepping the N A thread ready for the responses after John Hill mentions his name in his interview.

Does anybody know what his coaching position is with the club/academy, and personally if it's working then let's support his endeavours, his playing career is behind him, let's hope he can evolve into a top coach for us.

ExmouthMart

Just prepping the N A thread ready for the responses after John Hill mentions his name in his interview.

Does anybody know what his coaching position is with the club/academy, and personally if it's working then let's support his endeavours, his playing career is behind him, let's hope he can evolve into a top coach for us.
I expect the media Team will be reading this and might be able to ask the Manager where he is in the coaching set up. Last September Taylor hadn’t worked with him directly when he was asked about Ajose coaching but obviously things have progressed since then.
Maybe he has a different attitude to coaching than as a player who didn’t feel inclined to train even though he was fit to do so and that impacted his team selection and the promotion of a clearly not good enough Ben Seymour. All water under the bridge now.

he’s part of the U-18’s coaching team

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gets a good write up from MJ in his Devon Live article

helping out coaching the first team forwards and apparently to good effect