• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

ExmouthMart

FB68B925-6E54-4473-95F3-FACF7DF3978D.png
I still can’t equate what Taylor said about him with him now apparently being on the coaching staff in whatever capacity. Some decent players in recent times have been binned for lack of physicality, lack of focus or legs gone to jelly but this character seems to have more lives than a cat…..

jimbo-gould

His playing contract expired (in June). He has been an Academy coach since last season. Perhaps, just perhaps he is having a very positive impact on some of our stars of the future. Given all that happened over the past two years perhps he is repaying the club in a different way? Perhaps he was the most disappointed person that despite wanting to play he couldnt show his potential due to how things panned out? Playing devils advocate and an alternative narrative to the "Ajose is the devil incarnate"
I mean, not once have I implied he’s even been a bad egg through out.

tonykellowfan

Also is there not some FA iniative now about having BAME individuals involved in coaching at professional clubs?

It may be that the club is helping the FA in this regard which can only be a good thing for all concerned?

Ash

Also is there not some FA iniative now about having BAME individuals involved in coaching at professional clubs?

It may be that the club is helping the FA in this regard which can only be a good thing for all concerned?
Surely you're not suggesting he's a quota filler? I have no idea what's going on, it does seem very odd from the outside but some clarification from the club seems appropriate. It's weird that we appear to have found out about Ajose's coaching role has come by complete fluke via a chance sighting at/straight after a home game. Aren't these kids of appointments usually announced??

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Believe he had some offers fall through but wanted to keep coaching in the meantime do not sure this is a long term thing worth discussing 😂

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Believe he had some offers fall through but wanted to keep coaching in the meantime do not sure this is a long term thing worth discussing 😂
Agreed because we will never know the true facts of the matter and therefore any discussion will be based on pure speculation.

ExmouthMart

Agreed because we will never know the true facts of the matter and therefore any discussion will be based on pure speculation.
Easy way to end the speculation one way or the other. Release a statement to clarify the situation. Surely there’s nothing to hide is there?! The ‘facts’ are that he was released at the end of the season when presumably his contract ran out. There has never been any hint that he has been employed in any other capacity than as a player.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
When Ajose played with the younger players in the EFL Trophy games last season his attitude towards them and the game was superb and it was quite clear they appreciated his prescence alongside them. I would imagine the Academy players are delighted to have him as a coach.
Repeat the cr*p about refusing to train enough times I guess the myth becomes reality for some.
Exactly I do not believe for one minute that he refused to train as putting it bluntly that would have been a sackable offense.

ExmouthMart

Someone from the Media team might have some explaining to do for putting Ajose in the SJP360 highlights. Seems very odd considering how even the mere mentioning of his name causes such consternation in the ranks. Perhaps an attempt at a poor joke or trying to draw attention to something that some people may not have wanted highlighted in case of subsequent awkward questions……

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Someone from the Media team might have some explaining to do for putting Ajose in the SJP360 highlights. Seems very odd considering how even the mere mentioning of his name causes such consternation in the ranks. Perhaps an attempt at a poor joke or trying to draw attention to something that some people may not have wanted highlighted in case of subsequent awkward questions……
Christ Almighty ! You do seem to thrive on conspiracy theories, and will seize on any excuse to dream them up ! It is a shame that you can't put your energy into supporting the Club instead ! :unsure: