• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nicky Ajose

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve an idea.Since , seemingly , Taylor won’t play Ajose yet by all accounts he’s one of our highest earners., why don’t we loan him out until Christmas to our next door neighbours Torquay with the proviso we can recall him if required here? After all , his wages are going down the drain anyway if Taylor can’t face up to doing anything about him , it would help Torquay maybe , and finally give him game time and get his confidence back if he starts knocking them in regularly albeit in a lower league.
Might as well do that if all he’s going to do is sit on his arse watching the rest of the team trying to score.All said jokingly but it just might work.
The player would have to agree to all this. I don't reckon he would.

Grecianpasty

I’ve an idea.Since , seemingly , Taylor won’t play Ajose yet by all accounts he’s one of our highest earners., why don’t we loan him out until Christmas to our next door neighbours Torquay with the proviso we can recall him if required here? After all , his wages are going down the drain anyway if Taylor can’t face up to doing anything about him , it would help Torquay maybe , and finally give him game time and get his confidence back if he starts knocking them in regularly albeit in a lower league.
Might as well do that if all he’s going to do is sit on his arse watching the rest of the team trying to score.All said jokingly but it just might work.
If I where Torquay I wouldn't want him on loan.

Its a very tough situation, and MT can not be solely to blame. After all, some have said that his choices in strikers has been very poor, forgetting that he signed the 2nd top scorer in the league.

Ajose can only blame himself for not playing, and MT stating publically that he can leave is surely the kick up the backside he needs to motivate himself to prove his worth. Hopefully he will get game time on Tuesday and start proving MT and the vast majority of us wrong.

Banksy

The player would have to agree to all this. I don't reckon he would.
It was only a tongue in cheek thought. We’re not party to the goings on between Taylor and his players but look what went on between A.Martin and Taylor last season .If the situation doesn’t sort itself out it’s better he gets farmed out , at least he’d be in the shop window and we just might get a decent confident player back.Especially if his contract is for three years.
p.s GP , Bowman might have been joint second top striker but he won’t exactly fire us to promotion I’m afraid and if that’s the best Taylor can do in the striker direction he needs help in picking the next one ( assuming we get a next one in the foreseeable future.😢 )

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do wonder if we will see Ajose loaned out to someone this window. That way, the club taking him would maybe agree to pay a proportion of his wages (say 60-70%) and they wouldn’t have the risk of signing him on a permanent contract either.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just throwing this out there but what if NA has a long term medical issue which requires careful management, he can train but actual game time must be limited ? Remember Paul McGrath or Ledley King who could play but not train ?

Just maybe he's training well but MT is saving him for Salford as he regards Ajose as first choice. Or maybe we've been sold a pup....

Rosencrantz

It was only a tongue in cheek thought. We’re not party to the goings on between Taylor and his players but look what went on between A.Martin and Taylor last season .If the situation doesn’t sort itself out it’s better he gets farmed out , at least he’d be in the shop window and we just might get a decent confident player back.Especially if his contract is for three years.
What went on with Aaron Martin in his first season was he lost his place, deservedly, to Dara O'Shea. He couldn't do in a back four what Matt wanted him to do, he was very weak against a long straight ball. However he came back well last season playing in a formation that suited him, the middle of a back three, which much more played to his strengths and covered his weakness. As Matt clearly wants to play a back four, even though I thought Aaron was player of the season, it was right to let him go and I don't see him coming back.

Ajose is in a similar situation. He struggled with injury last season when Matt wanted to play two up top, at least to start with. Now Matt seemingly wants to play in a way that he doesn't fit into, and neither does Sweeney.

Banksy

But it will still be a waste of a wage letting him sit it out Rosencrantz which is why I suggested it in a lighthearted way .They’d get a free player , he might come back with some confidence boosting goals under his belt and fire us to promotion after January.😀😀
p.s I get Torquay might not want him , could be any team ,and he might not want to go but it was just a thought.

LOG

MT's issue with A. Martin was that he didn't deal with what he called the second ball. In other words, he'd make an initial challenge/clearance but would then switch off a bit immediately after.

DB9

Just throwing this out there but what if NA has a long term medical issue which requires careful management, he can train but actual game time must be limited ? Remember Paul McGrath or Ledley King who could play but not train ?
If this was the case then you'd have to question people's judgement when they signed him. We're a L2 club and as such cannot afford to carry a "Sicknote" like that if it were true.

IndoMike

I approve kf this message
Also it will give us more info about his injury, his attitude et al. I s'pose Ajose must agree to that, though.