• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nichols Watch

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the bench again against Oldham tonight
Unused sub again.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Off the bench today after 68 minutes.

oxford don

Were looking at a couple of defenders as well apparently, including one of ours whoever that might be....must say looks like they chose the wrong position to fill.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tom got 90 minutes last night - in Posh's fifth consecutive defeat*. Played up front on his own (which,as we know, is not the best way to use him)

Wesley said it was his best game so far, but the local paper gave him 5 out of 10 and said he wasn't strong or quick enough....

*they are 16th, with 44 points and 8 points off the play offs, which has a familiar ring to it...

Saint James

Were looking at a couple of defenders as well apparently, including one of ours whoever that might be....must say looks like they chose the wrong position to fill.
Who are the "we" and "ours"? Are you talking about Exeter, Peterboro or Oxford?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Westley was his usual bullish self when interviewed on Talksport prior to the cup match with WBA. Seems that his star is somewhat fading.....cannot help feeling sorry for him.......I don't think.

Grecian2K

Westley was his usual bullish self
Sexton. Just a thought but did your spell-checker perhaps move the i to the wrong place and delete a t from the end?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sexton. Just a thought but did your spell-checker perhaps move the i to the wrong place and delete a t from the end?
No but agree with you that word would be equally as appropriate.

oxford don

Who are the "we" and "ours"? Are you talking about Exeter, Peterboro or Oxford?
Sorry you have me at a disadvantage..."WE" ? where did I use the word we?

I said Were which is the past second-person singular of be... ie "you were not correct in your assumption"

And as I'm posting on the Exeter forum it should be assumed the our refers to us ( Exeter City ) i.e. the possessive form of we as in "our players, our stadium, our manager"

My geographical location is as irrelevant as yours, you could even be a Plymouth fan for all I know.. but I assumed that because you too posted on exeweb, you were an Exeter supporter also.

Hope that's cleared it up for you;)

Last edited:

Grecian2K

To be fair Don, given your quoted location I'd had you marked down as a slightly disgruntled Didcot Town fan, still somewhat bitter at the trip to Anfield that you only just missed (by another round and a replay)

Still, we live and learn ;)