• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nichols Watch

Jam Doughnut

Whilst I agree with what you say, it is Peterborough's geographical position and population of 190,000 which gives it greater potential for growth than us, add to that we are not really open to the outside big money they are, helps widen the gap opening up between us.

Support wise I agree, there is little difference at the moment.
yes peterborough may have 190,000 but exeter has 125,000 and rising and with places like exmouth 35,000 and rising and cranbrook rising to around 20,000 in the next decade we probably have a bigger catchment area than them ,especially as they are only about 60 miles from london and probably lose a lot of fans to the big london clubs whereas we have no big clubs around us.
The only difference is that they are loaded at the moment and can afford to buy up the best lower league players.

Stelios

Seriously impressed with Peterborough last night. Samuelsen. Wow. What class (shame about the pen).

Looks like Tom has joined a cracking team if they play like that every week (unlikely). Young, pacey, skilful. No *ahem* 'experienced' players to hold their hands and slow them down either.....

(LLL)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the bench today

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
On the bench today
Bet he comes on and scores , probably go from strength to strength now like Sercombe now he's thrown off Tisdale's shackles.

oxford don

Bet he comes on and scores , probably go from strength to strength now like Sercombe now he's thrown off Tisdale's shackles.
Was very poor against Bradford apparently with some chants of what a waste of money and a massive bollocking from Westley after the game ...that's according to a regular Posh fan I know..

Be interesting to see how he reacts. I think he's a goal scorer though and will come good.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was very poor against Bradford apparently with some chants of what a waste of money and a massive bollocking from Westley after the game ...that's according to a regular Posh fan I know..

Be interesting to see how he reacts. I think he's a goal scorer though and will come good.
Unused sub today.

citizen

Apparently the chairman has said he will sell the club if they don`t get promoted this season. He may have been signed by a club that is about to self destruct!

Boyo

yes peterborough may have 190,000 but exeter has 125,000 and rising and with places like exmouth 35,000 and rising and cranbrook rising to around 20,000 in the next decade we probably have a bigger catchment area than them ,especially as they are only about 60 miles from london and probably lose a lot of fans to the big london clubs whereas we have no big clubs around us.
The only difference is that they are loaded at the moment and can afford to buy up the best lower league players.
I think the stadium is important is forming perceptions about the size of a club. Peterborough's stadium is decent (15k) and puts them solidly in L1. Ours is small and relatively tin pot (even after the redevelopment) and leaves us towards the bottom end of L2.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Apparently the chairman has said he will sell the club if they don`t get promoted this season. He may have been signed by a club that is about to self destruct!

You can't trust anything the posh chairman says. We already know he will lie if he feels it necessary.

On the up

On the bench again against Oldham tonight