• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season......

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would expect bids for Randall and possibly Key and Jay this summer.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’ll be interesting to see where Jay goes to (if he leaves). He’s developed really well this season and I’ve loved watching him, but I don’t think he has enough pace to be a top player. Can’t see him joining a good League 1 team, think it’ll be a lower-middling League 1 team, like a Burton Albion or a Shrewsbury.

Banksy

And what fee would we hope to get for M J I wonder?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’ll be interesting to see where Jay goes to (if he leaves). He’s developed really well this season and I’ve loved watching him, but I don’t think he has enough pace to be a top player. Can’t see him joining a good League 1 team, think it’ll be a lower-middling League 1 team, like a Burton Albion or a Shrewsbury.
Agree with you, I think he could do a job in league 1, I imagine his goals this season will create some interest. 20 goals in a season is always an impressive stat.

Red Devon

Seymour not mentioned in the post match interview about the young players that the team is to be built around.

sign of the chimes

Taylor post match today:

"There won't be big changes, we can't afford to have big changes"
How many do you have out of contract?

Given the position across the league this summer (and your own relative financial strength) surely you'll be able to get significant upgrades on those players for the same money (or less).

Perhaps he's playing down his hand to ensure you are in a better position to negotiate?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Given the position across the league this summer (and your own relative financial strength) surely you'll be able to get significant upgrades on those players for the same money (or less).

Perhaps he's playing down his hand to ensure you are in a better position to negotiate?
Not sure what the situation is with contracts etc however Taylor needs to make his mind up, he was giving the impression we were going big just 2 - 3 weeks ago.

Topsham Boy

Matt says in his post match interview “there won’t be big changes”……he’s having a laugh surely. We need to clear out at least 6 or 7…….or it’s L2 for the foreseeable future.

dontpassback

You may well be correct mr chimes,just let’s hope people like ajoses agent arent involved !

Rosencrantz

Matt said he wanted to add quality to go around the young players who had gained a seasons experience. So although maybe not big changes in terms of going out, added quality coming in to improve the first team and as a by product, strengthen the squad depth.