• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Season......

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peanuts compared to the EFL.The BT televised deal is not worth much.I can’t remember the number when it was discussed on the Price of Football podcast a while back,but it was nothing like the TV money for a L2 game.
It’s a very cheap schedule filler for BT Sport.
That's why i questioned JW when his answer was "Money" Thought it was very little in that respect.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's why i questioned JW when his answer was "Money" Thought it was very little in that respect.
I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek but its almost always about money. A small amount of money is much better than no money.

The PL are also giving extra this year to cover the additional costs.

National League Statement | Financial Contribution from the Premier League - The Vanarama National League (thenationalleague.org.uk)

Reactions: DB9

Max Payne 2

Let’s hope we spend wisely don’t want to here excuses about players being tired the pitch the travelling
That's what worries me. Taylor's signings and his tactics are hit and miss. It can be argued also that the young players who've broken through also haven't improved as much as you'd expect. ... Sparkes, Seymour good examples.

Max Payne 2

I'm firmly Taylor out, mind and ONLY a strong auto promotion/title followed immediately by a tilt at L1 of 2010-11 proportions whilst playing attractive footy and respecting the long term financial position of the club will bring me back onside now.

Last edited:

ExmouthMart

“Some City players out of contract have already been informed they won’t be offered a new deal, while others have been offered deals but have yet to sign or have turned down contracts, with a handful of players under contract expected to be told they will be free to find another club......”
Only four ‘difference’ players coming in?!...... Would the player under contract told to find another Club be Bowman?! Let’s hope there is a plan that bears fruit.

geoffwp

I'm firmly Taylor out, mind and ONLY a strong auto promotion/title followed immediately by a tilt at L1 of 2010-11 proportions whilst playing attractive footy and respecting the long term financial position of the club will bring me back onside now.
Waves cheerio. 👋

Rosencrantz

“Some City players out of contract have already been informed they won’t be offered a new deal, while others have been offered deals but have yet to sign or have turned down contracts, with a handful of players under contract expected to be told they will be free to find another club......”
Only four ‘difference’ players coming in?!...... Would the player under contract told to find another Club be Bowman?! Let’s hope there is a plan that bears fruit.
Four "difference" players who will be the spine of the team week in, week out and you build around. Not four signings total.

For example:
Jones
Taylor
Gill
Harley

We built a good enough team around them without any out and out stars to get promoted from L2.

andrew p long

Thanks, strange process. I wonder what the thinking behind that was?
The new Conference play off system is principally about getting eligibility for play offs/promotion to as many teams as possible. With only two teams being promoted 'ordinary' play offs would mean only teams in positions 2-5 eligible for play offs. This system guarantees a play off place down to 7th position and therefore interest for teams in mid table until the last week. Very few 'dead rubber' fixtures.

However the play offs done this way are rubbish (which I have experienced watching the same system in National League North). Not sure why a team that is 12th with a week to go has a chance of promotion nor about one leg play offs (City would have got knocked out by both Oxford and Torquay after the home game with no second leg heroic victory! the play off system from the Conference was fine as it was!)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's what worries me. Taylor's signings and his tactics are hit and miss. It can be argued also that the young players who've broken through also haven't improved as much as you'd expect. ... Sparkes, Seymour good examples.
selected examples as clearly Key and Randell prove that your pov holds little water

IndoMike

selected examples as clearly Key and Randell prove that your pov holds no water
Hartridge has improved, too. And he hasn't even been unchained yet to take his long throws. Hopefully he can cause havoc next season in our opponents' penalty box.