• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season’s squad

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Scott hiley was a quality player and we were privileged to watch him play
Top man.

ryancooper327

MT just said 8 out of contract, 2 haven’t come back to training for safety (which he respects) and praises the other 6 for their dedication.

grecIAN Harris

MT just said 8 out of contract, 2 haven’t come back to training for safety (which he respects) and praises the other 6 for their dedication.
I would imagine one of those would be Lee Holmes because of his nipper.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Holmes and Warren?

Bridgy 81

Probably like most people on here I’ve been very encouraged by this weekend’s performance and result so have obviously felt the need to think of something different ECFC related to worry about.
As I’m not keen on creating unnecessary new threads I’ve found this one so thought I’d put this here.
Is it just me or if we consider players we know to be out of contract in the summer and add to that those we think will/might leave, would we have just about enough players for a decent 6 a-side team?
Before I start I confess I have no inside knowledge on individual contract situations nor have I made more than a cursory attempt to establish them.
So, as far as I know, with Jamal and Woods only signed up to the end of the season, it’s just Harry Lee in goal.
I think we have reasonable cover contract wise amongst defenders i.e. Sweeney, Hartridge, Diabate, Aimson, Mitchell plus maybe Caprice and Sparkes?
Midfield would be a worry as things stand, Kite and Taylor?
As would upfront, Scott and Cox?
It’s possible (likely) I’ve forgotten someone and factored out others who may not leave (hopefully) but do you get my gist?
As things stand, unless Gary and Marcus have things arranged that haven’t yet been reported, it’s likely to be a very active and potentially for us (me especially) worrisome summer.

tom_ecfc

It’s possible (likely) I’ve forgotten someone
…..Nombe

Bridgy 81

…..Nombe
Although, in my defence, I did exclude players who will/may leave.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
My Understanding (Happy to be corrected) on those out of contract or loan ending

GK

Blackman / Woods

Defence

Key (Fee due), Grounds,

Midfield

Collins (Fee due), McDonald, Harper (End of loan), Chauke (end of loan)

Strikers

Stanno (End of loan), Brown

Hartridge and Nombe you would think would have interest.

Hopefully last 37.5k for Watkins and Ampadu hopefully sold for £15m plus.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Probably like most people on here I’ve been very encouraged by this weekend’s performance and result so have obviously felt the need to think of something different ECFC related to worry about.
As I’m not keen on creating unnecessary new threads I’ve found this one so thought I’d put this here.
Is it just me or if we consider players we know to be out of contract in the summer and add to that those we think will/might leave, would we have just about enough players for a decent 6 a-side team?
Before I start I confess I have no inside knowledge on individual contract situations nor have I made more than a cursory attempt to establish them.
So, as far as I know, with Jamal and Woods only signed up to the end of the season, it’s just Harry Lee in goal.
I think we have reasonable cover contract wise amongst defenders i.e. Sweeney, Hartridge, Diabate, Aimson, Mitchell plus maybe Caprice and Sparkes?
Midfield would be a worry as things stand, Kite and Taylor?
It’s possible (likely) I’ve forgotten someone and factored out others who may not leave (hopefully) but do you get my gist?
As things stand, unless Gary and Marcus have things arranged that haven’t yet been reported, it’s likely to be a very active and potentially for us (me especially) worrisome summer.
Cue long and speculative thread, which after 36 pages turns wrist slittingy desperate with the entire management team getting slagged off until some reasonable players are signed which nobody had thought of and everything turns out alright.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cue long and speculative thread, which after 36 pages turns wrist slittingy desperate with the entire management team getting slagged off until some reasonable players are signed which nobody had thought of and everything turns out alright.
It wouldn't be summer without it