• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next season’s squad

ryancooper327

that was my initial reaction too. But Nicky Law is 32 and Nigel Atangana will be 31 when next season starts so...planning for the future...?
You never know, Nigel may have only signed a year long deal considering his injury.

Corey

You never know, Nigel may have only signed a year long deal considering his injury.
The club mentioned when he signed that it was a two year deal.

ryancooper327

The club mentioned when he signed that it was a two year deal.
D'oh!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like to think Brennan Dickenson will stay.

IndoMike

I'd like a Hiley - type right back. Someone with good acceleration, nippy, sharp tackler, able to turn quickly. Forgive me for saying this but I see Sweeney as a bit statuesque. However, I did wonder if Sweeney could make it as a midfield option.

grecIAN Harris

I'd like a Hiley - type right back. Someone with good acceleration, nippy, sharp tackler, able to turn quickly. Forgive me for saying this but I see Sweeney as a bit statuesque. However, I did wonder if Sweeney could make it as a midfield option.
In what capacity? Given that you've just described him as statuesque, how do you think he is going to manage in one of the most mobile positions on the pitch?

Rosencrantz

It's the difference between a right winger converted to a right back as Scotty was and a centre back converted to a right back. It will be interesting to see if Josh Key follows Jack Sparkes conversion to full back although they are both very effective wingers still. Had certainly worked for Jack Stacey.

IndoMike

In what capacity? Given that you've just described him as statuesque, how do you think he is going to manage in one of the most mobile positions on the pitch?
I could see him striding forward and having a pop.at goal (not at his car). He can.tackle a bit.
I think he's a bit slow on the turn for a right back if a good winger goes past him. I:m not convinced about Sweeney at right back
so would try him out in midfield, at least as back-up.

Red Devon

It's the difference between a right winger converted to a right back as Scotty was and a centre back converted to a right back. It will be interesting to see if Josh Key follows Jack Sparkes conversion to full back although they are both very effective wingers still. Had certainly worked for Jack Stacey.
Josh Key is a very exciting prospect and could be the one to make the step up into the first team next season from what I’ve seen.

dontpassback

Scott hiley was a quality player and we were privileged to watch him play