• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next Prime Minister ?

Don't worry PFE, a former pupil of St James School can't qualify as a member of the Liberal elite.
Exactly.

As for this Daniel Hannan bloke, the same guy who claimed that the EU Commission was undemocratic YET he was bureaucrat unelected policy advisor to David Cameron.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
So after yesterday's goings on, it's now pretty clear that although Gove thinks he was playing Boris, Boris in fact played a blinder on Gove.

You have to admire his chutzpah: he understood quickly the lie of the land and knowing he probably couldn't beat May, he offered May to stand down if she gave him foreign secretary. This was the reason for his behavior in the run up to the announcements; it was to incense Gove enough so he would stand himself. He then used that as a smokescreen for standing aside. Gove then comes across as the bad guy guaranteeing May the win. Genius. Et tu Boris!

tavyred

Exactly.

As for this Daniel Hannan bloke, the same guy who claimed that the EU Commission was undemocratic YET he was bureaucrat unelected policy advisor to David Cameron.
I think most policy advisors are unelected.

angelic upstart

Am I the only one that doesn't understand politics? It's basically a load of ******* stabbing each other in the back and helping out a few of their mates in exchange for help further down the line. Very little of this thread actually delves into anything that may happen in the real world where most people live.

Then we moan about the trust vs club accountability whilst deciding which pathetic political party we want to **** up our country more than the last. Which incidentally will be the Torres for the next 20 years.

angelic upstart

Be nice if they could think for themselves, innum

Well that is so undemocratic , surely in this Great country we should be electing everyone who is helping and proposing laws . We should be electing every single person who has that power . Do you know who the policy advisor is for each Secretary of State? Let's elect everyone , lots of general elections for these unelected bureaucrats from London.

Colesman Ballz

So after yesterday's goings on, it's now pretty clear that although Gove thinks he was playing Boris, Boris in fact played a blinder on Gove.

You have to admire his chutzpah: he understood quickly the lie of the land and knowing he probably couldn't beat May, he offered May to stand down if she gave him foreign secretary. This was the reason for his behavior in the run up to the announcements; it was to incense Gove enough so he would stand himself. He then used that as a smokescreen for standing aside. Gove then comes across as the bad guy guaranteeing May the win. Genius. Et tu Boris!
I must admit I was very suspicious of Leadsom's "withdrawal", and not at all surprised to see her get a place at the top table ! The Chief Whip has obviously been very busy behind the scenes, thus guaranteeing his own retention in the process !

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
This is complete Bull. Firstly, the FTSE which you referred to is the FTSE 100, which is made up of businesses mainly from outside the UK ...
The FTSE 100 index of leading British shares ... (Associated Press)
I'm confused. Are there several different FTSE 100s then?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

On the other hand, Nicky Morgasm

(Although those EYES. Two black holes, protecting a total vacuum)
Lost her job G2K. Maybe you would like to give her one in your cabinet. ;)

angelic upstart

I'm confused. Are there several different FTSE 100s then?
As you well know, there's only one FTSE 100. PFE meant that in the main the 100 biggest countries are global companies in the main. Whereas the FTSE 250 are the next biggest 250 which are generally more British based and therefore could be considered a better judgment of the British economy as a result.

What Coleman forgot to mention is the FTSE 100 isn't at its highest level since 2008 as it was over 7000 last year. So he was just lying.