• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next England Manager

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Wins a win isn't it....

England was the better side and lallana was prob the best player so fitting he scored....

Henderson ? Jesus.

Antony Moxey

Lallana and to a lesser extent Ali were the only players tonight who could call themselves international standard.

CREDYGRECIAN

Thought Stones read the game very well tonight - looked a real promising young player....

Harry Kane is a Strange one for me at international level - seems lost

Antony Moxey

Thought Stones read the game very well tonight - looked a real promising young player....

Harry Kane is a Strange one for me at international level - seems lost
To be fair to the defence they really didn't have much to do, although even then Rose did his best to make a pig's ear of it. I think Stones will improve greatly under Guardiola but even then I'd have him over Smalling any day, he's simply a card waiting to happen.

Harry Kane is indeed a strange one. Along with the dreadful Sterling I was calling for him to be substituted way before he eventually was. Like you say he looked lost out there, pretty much the same as he has in every game since Spurs' title challenge exploded.

CREDYGRECIAN

Doesn't help we don't play to his strengths very well

Thought Dele Ali played well when he came on as well don't quite understand how he was sub but hey ho

Jordan Henderson is captain of LFC and in the England team - yet can't pass the ball 10 yards

grecIAN Harris

Jordan Henderson is captain of LFC and in the England team - yet can't pass the ball 10 yards
I heard Martin Keown compare him to Gerrard during the commentary for the Liverpool - Spurs game. I nearly died laughing. As for Kane, he doesn't start playing until mid September. There was a stat given out that he has never scored in August.

Leads

I don't think we have changed much since the Euros but that was the toughest game of the group on paper and we came away with a win so can't complain too much. I know it's been said a million times but when teams defend so deep and we have 2 CMs holding, why is Rooney playing almost alongside Dier and Henderson? Frustrating.

iscalad

I don't think we have changed much since the Euros but that was the toughest game of the group on paper and we came away with a win so can't complain too much. I know it's been said a million times but when teams defend so deep and we have 2 CMs holding, why is Rooney playing almost alongside Dier and Henderson? Frustrating.
Apparently big Sam can't tell Rooney where to play?????

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure Sam will be in charge for much longer.

IBA

Not sure Sam will be in charge for much longer.
Time to get Jurgen in.