• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Next England Manager

ecfc70

SSN interviews English players about big Sams appointment and they love him........well they aint gonna say anything other than that are they? pointless even asking them
in my opinion the 1st big task for Sam is to pick a new captain and drop Rooney

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Good luck to the bloke - it's a bloody hard job.....

First thing I'd like to see is Butland get the no1 Jersey from Joe Hart

Exe on Valdez

Allardyce for me - time to go back to basics and get someone in charge who will ruffle a few feathers...
Of course. Ruffling feathers is what gets you the England manager's job.

Dismal choice, but that is what you get when you limit the number of candidates to working in the Premier League, being affordable and being English. From that list, Eddie Howe would have been a breath of fresh air, but far too risky as he might have changed things.

Looking forward, if I can be bothered, to seeing the new manager outfoxed by the first mediocre opponents he has to deal with.

CREDYGRECIAN

Eddie Howe hasn't got enough experience - he's done a good job at Bournemouth but don't forget he went to Burnley and didn't do the business so still has a hell of a lot to learn

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've become a nation of football watchers, not football players.

Until the game is sorted out at grass roots level (coaches and funding) the England manager is almost an irrelevance.

CREDYGRECIAN

We've become a nation of football watchers, not football players.

Until the game is sorted out at grass roots level (coaches and funding) the England manager is almost an irrelevance.
Very valid point - teams pulling left right and centre of the Devon and Exeter league shows how grass roots isn't as popular as it was

My team have only got 18 signed on so far for 2 teams - we've normally got 40+ by now

grecIAN Harris

Very valid point - teams pulling left right and centre of the Devon and Exeter league shows how grass roots isn't as popular as it was

My team have only got 18 signed on so far for 2 teams - we've normally got 40+ by now
We, on the other hand, have benefitted from a couple of our near neighbours struggling.

grecIAN Harris

Well he's picked his first squad, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37209642. Very little in the way ofsuprises apart from the selection of Mikael Antonio and maybe Phil Jagielka being picked again. Personally I would have left Jordan Henderson out but his the sort of carthorse that Allardyce likes.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very predictable squad...

Not convinced Antonio is an international footballer but hey ho.

Rooney still skipper...

iscalad

Well, he won his first match. No doubt the detractors and moaners will swarm all over the fact it was against 10 men.