• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport (H) - 16.10.21 Discussion Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re the Newport game, if we have been brittle defensively of late, would it be sensible to move to a back 4? I didn't like Hartridge and Ray in a 2 in the latter stages of the Walsall game I felt they looked really fragile. This is what Matt is paid to sort, it's a tough balance being defensively sound whilst not sacrificing our attacking threat.
I'd like to see Atangana playing just in front of the central pairing, bolstering the defence and yet there to initiate attacks.

Grecian2K

Oh dear. I see we have the Tea Kettle wielding the whistle on Saturday.

Oldsmobile-88

Good away ticket sales apparently,450 advance(perhaps Spoonz can confirm ?)
The last time supporters from Newport attended for the Boxing Day 2019 game they brought around 550 iirc.

RichCounty27

Good away ticket sales apparently,450 advance(perhaps Spoonz can confirm ?)
The last time supporters from Newport attended for the Boxing Day 2019 game they brought around 550 iirc.
That was a bloody wet day and I was thankful for a covered away end that day! No idea on tickets sold other than me and my daughter coming up from Plymouth. Does anyone know if the bar at the ground is card only or does it take cash too? Looking forward to a good game, neither team really firing on all cylinders on a consistent basis yet.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a bloody wet day and I was thankful for a covered away end that day! No idea on tickets sold other than me and my daughter coming up from Plymouth. Does anyone know if the bar at the ground is card only or does it take cash too? Looking forward to a good game, neither team really firing on all cylinders on a consistent basis yet.
Welcome RichC - most bars take cash, uncertain how many take cards.
Cash is king !

Oldsmobile-88

The food kiosks inside are cash only.

The bars in Red Square,the Social Club or under the Stagecoach Stand(home supporters only)are cash or card.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The food kiosks inside are cash only.

The bars in Red Square,the Social Club or under the Stagecoach Stand(home supporters only)are cash or card.
Has the FECRACE a card facility ?

Oldsmobile-88

Has the FECRACE a card facility ?
Not sure...

What a larf that was! Well remember Chas sticking his fork around the corner flag at Half-Time when there was a duck pond was building in the goal area as it was pizzen dawn in front of The Big Bank. I think he was trying to realise the inevitable for the Ref as it should have been called off 20 mins before that!

Red Devon

Looks like we may have been training at SJP this week.