• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport away

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
If anyone's driving up from Exeter and as 2 spare seats let me know, obviously contribute to travel costs.

David Treharne

Ye Old Murenger House Gerry just around the corner from the station on the High Street, about a 5 minutes walk. It's a Samuel Smiths pub but is a good one, I've drank in there many times and it welcomes away fans too.
Thank goodness it's a Saturday game this year. It must be one of the few pubs in Newport that closes promptly at 14:00 on a Sunday. Great beer though!

Avening Posse

Ye Old Murenger House Gerry just around the corner from the station on the High Street, about a 5 minutes walk. It's a Samuel Smiths pub but is a good one, I've drank in there many times and it welcomes away fans too.
Thanks RAWZ (beer)

Ashford Grecian

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
They do share the ground. But the away entrance is somewhere completely different. I've put a sat nav code in the ground guide. You need Gate 6.
http://www.exeweb.com/2014/11/11/the-things-you-need-to-know-rodney-parade-newport/

Ashford Grecian

Thanks Hants so looks like I need to enter the ground itself from Corporation Road?

i8cornwall

Clap Clap for me, looking forward to this one

Silver fox

If anyone's driving up from Exeter and as 2 spare seats let me know, obviously contribute to travel costs.
Just found out I can't make this one bugger!

Red Lion

Clap Clap for Junior, myself and a few other lads!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
If anyone is going by train then don't buy a through ticket Exeter to Newport as that is £48.80. Instead if you split the tickets into day returns from Exeter to Taunton and Taunton to Newport then it comes to a total fare of £34.30 so a £14.50 saving. Obviously will be cheaper again if you have a Railcard of some description.