• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New year - new rant

dommers

Well yeah, Dommers, it is quite normal that people would expect more from him as an ex- premiership player than they would from an 18 yr old kid...
Why? There both playing in league one so any sensible person would assume that they were of the same ability.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why? There both playing in league one so any sensible person would assume that they were of the same ability.
Exhibit A of how wrong that statement is. Jordan Rhodes against just about any striker you care to mention in League One at the moment regardless of who their parent club is.

Poultice

Exhibit A of how wrong that statement is. Jordan Rhodes against just about any striker you care to mention in League One at the moment regardless of who their parent club is.
Exhibit B, Marcello Trotta.

Grecian Max

Marcus Stewart was sh*te the whole time he played for us - forget age/ex-Prem/whatever, every performance was rubbish. Total waste of money for 2 years as a player, dire.

Last edited:

Poultice

Marcus Stewart was sh*te the whole time he played for us - forget age/ex-Prem/whatever, every performance was rubbish. Total waste of money for 2 years as a player, dire.
Yeah but look how he has coached our forwards into such a lean mean goal scoring machine.

grecIAN Harris

Exhibit B, Marcello Trotta.
Jordan Rhodes every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I'll admit I haven't seen Trotta but Rhodes is terrorising decent defences not just our fragile one.

grecIAN Harris

Yeah but look how he has coached our forwards into such a lean mean goal scoring machine.
Is that lean as in they don't score very often?????

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Given he was with us for 3 years, you are quite right to exclude his first season where he was a vital cog in our promotion, and by extension in my eyes the reason Dean Moxey went from being squad member to hot property in the Championship.

Grecian Max

Given he was with us for 3 years, you are quite right to exclude his first season where he was a vital cog in our promotion, and by extension in my eyes the reason Dean Moxey went from being squad member to hot property in the Championship.
:D Jason, why have you gone mental recently?

Poultice

Jordan Rhodes every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I'll admit I haven't seen Trotta but Rhodes is terrorising decent defences not just our fragile one.
You haven't seen him play yet you are willing to throw him out with the bath water ?

As a man who was right then as well I would say he has more potential than JM and will play at a higher level than Rhodes.

I might add that this is not intended to back up Dommers' original premise which was of course absolute drivel.