• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New signings in by Tuesday night? Or Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I suggested earlier, he did for Aberdeen what Stockley did for us but for whatever reason that hasn't transferred with him to Birmingham.
Or a lot of other clubs he has played for Shrewsbury 2 in 17 AFC Wimbledon 1 in 15 Birmingham 0 in 12.

That said he also did take time t settle in at Aberdeen only scoring on his 17th appearance but then 31 goals in 63 appearances, so he has something about him. We must also remember Big Sam Nombe wasn't pulling up trees at MK Dons or Luton. Like you say could be worth a punt depending on what it costs us (not if it is like the Swansea demands) as he will just be wasting at Brum

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thread closure or renaming ?
The thread title has always been dangerously misleading - unless it has at least a question mark added.

MT said he was hoping (not promising) to have 2 new signings before Saturday. When pressed about 'before Tuesday' he indicated that would be nice, but seemed unlikely.

If there is rancour and recrimination on this thread tonight between posters it will be partly because some have understandably misread the title as a promise broken by the club. The OP's 'or possibly Saturday' was far more accurate and is what we need to remember.

JCWhoosh

He didn't say what year to be fair. Tuesday 2025 is my guess.

Alistair20000

The thread title has always been dangerously misleading - unless it has at least a question mark added.

MT said he was hoping (not promising) to have 2 new signings before Saturday. When pressed about 'before Tuesday' he indicated that would be nice, but seemed unlikely.

If there is rancour and recrimination on this thread tonight between posters it will be partly because some have understandably misread the title as a promise broken by the club. The OP's 'or possibly Saturday' was far more accurate and is what we need to remember.
For the want of a question mark .......................

Grecian Max

This isn’t correct, he said certainly by Saturday

“The Grecians host Wycombe on Tuesday, and then Cheltenham Town on Saturday, and when asked when he was hopeful on getting players in, he added: “Certainly before Saturday, hopefully before Tuesday. We are working as hard as we can, but I have said that for a long period of time now.”

iscalad

“The Grecians host Wycombe on Tuesday, and then Cheltenham Town on Saturday, and when asked when he was hopeful on getting players in, he added: “Certainly before Saturday, hopefully before Tuesday. We are working as hard as we can, but I have said that for a long period of time now.”
Yeah, but we all know it's the hope that kills ya.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A questionable thread title. :)

Average Joe

Yeh your right , we’re all city fans after all and want what’s best for the club , it’s a bit off fun in it 😂😂 , another first team youngster heading out on loan tomorrow, got my ears to the ground but heard absolutely nothing on new signings, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.
Anything on the grapevine yet Andy? Waiting for some good news patiently over here :) It's all very quite.

DawlishBouy

As I suggested earlier, he did for Aberdeen what Stockley did for us but for whatever reason that hasn't transferred with him to Birmingham.
Sam Cosgrove suffered a fracture to cartilage in his knee early in the 2020/21 season and has been a shadow of his former self since. Despite that injury Birmingham allegedly paid over £2m for him and his contract runs to the end of next season. Unless Birmingham are prepared to pay his wages he won’t be cheap.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite Matt.

I don't know how much media training he has had in the role, but I'd be telling him to avoid time-limited statements and just say 'we're doing all we can with the budget we have' - which I'm sure is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.