• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Number 10 - Sam Nombe - To Rotherham United

dommers

Usually I'd agree with you but Nombe is so much better than any of our other striking options and the next few games are so crucial that we simply have to get him on the pitch if at all possible.
If we can't get promoted without him then we don't deserve it. The possibility of ruining his career by getting a re-occurence of same injury by being rushed is in my opinion not worth the risk.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we can't get promoted without him then we don't deserve it. The possibility of ruining his career by getting a re-occurence of same injury by being rushed is in my opinion not worth the risk.
So you'd rather us not get promoted, even if playing him improves our chances, on the off-chance that he might get injured?

Have a word with yourself. Dieng is clearly in a similar position. I should imagine countless footballers across the leagues are.

dommers

So you'd rather us not get promoted, even if playing him improves our chances, on the off-chance that he might get injured?
No I'm saying we don't need him to get promoted and if not playing him avoids a re-occurence of the same injury, for a third time this year which may or may not be career threatening, then I'd be happy to take the risk. If his injury isn't at risk of re-occuring and career threatening then by all means play him although we need a fully fit Nombe next year if we are promoted.
We have a history of supporting players when injured Saunders and Stubbs spring to mind so would hate this to be ruined

Last edited:

scottus86

If we see Nombe again this season, it'll be for a 10 or 15 minute cameo against Port Vale when we're top of the league winning 3-1

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we see Nombe again this season, it'll be for a 10 or 15 minute cameo against Port Vale when we're top of the league winning 3-1
I had a very similar dream, but rather than Sam, it was Sonny Cox ! :unsure:

crocks

Taylor in his interview wasn't as bullish about when/if Nombe would be available for the rest of the season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor in his interview wasn't as bullish about when/if Nombe would be available for the rest of the season.
Keeping his powder dry.

Cowshed Grecian

It’s a no brainer, even a half fit Nombe leads the line with the stakes this high. We get him out there as soon as we can surely? No disrespect to the three lads up front we have on loan but Sam is our best striker by a country mile.

denzel

I wonder if Nombe will come back for the Barrow game, as Ozzie is unavailable.

Smithyno6

It’s a no brainer, even a half fit Nombe leads the line with the stakes this high. We get him out there as soon as we can surely? No disrespect to the three lads up front we have on loan but Sam is our best striker by a country mile.
I can see both sides to this. Oz done a great job today and I think the other side of this argument is why risk Sam like we did last time when the other three we currently have fit can possibly do a job to see us over the line anyway. Look at where we are without Sam currently, credit to those who have stepped up.

If fit, I think an impact sub or seeing out a game would be best. (Opinion)