• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Kit

Dylan

I'm with Anon' on this one!

You lot would moan if you lost a quid and found a tenner!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Yup. If only it'd been a twenty ... ;(

grecianboyy

It's quite nice i don't see why you are all moaning !

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on, it's obvious what happened.

The person who agreed to use this design must be colour blind and thought the trim was green.....

Well done Tagg, any chance you can do one now?

Dylan

You been on the Bev, Shabba?

Dobley

Don't get what you're all moaning about.

All commercial manufacturing processes use off the shelf stock.

If you want a custom made top how about you go to a high end tailor in Milan and give him instructions on where he should buy the fabric and how many button holes you would like.

Needless to say Brazil have played in blue and yellow on more than one occasion. Less tears more beers please.
For me, its the overly contrived spin which has gone with it.

Just come out and say "we've decided to go for a third kit, so we've teamed up with Joma who have supplied us with some of their spiffing yellow designs; we've gone with yellow as a nod to the Brazilian match coming up". I'd respect that. Nothing wrong, nothing negative, just an honest summery of what we're looking at.
Blabbering on about an "innovative kit design inspired and bought in to specifically celebrate our roots" or whatever twaddle was said, when the shirt is just a plain affair available to any Pub team or Tuesday night 5-a-side outfit before it's available to us just smacks of the club having too hard a stab at marketing hype and unfortunately comes out looking amatuer. Its the kind of thing an other-enthusiastic school side would put in their newsletter, not a professional league football club.

I appreciate that as we aren't United or Liverpool or Chelsea so a kit manufacturer isn't going to be too bothered with going out of their way just for little ol' us - and even the big teams use templates which float around various teams in various leagues. But I think there may have been room for a more creative approach from whoever is responsible for this, given it was meant to be so special (for example, ask Joma to make a template to a specific, unique design, under the understanding that they retain the rights to the design and could peddle it as a generic after a period of exclusivity of say 6-12 months).

The black centenary shirt, with the names of Season Ticket holders woven into the design; that was a unique, bold, innovative design celebrating something about this club. This is just Joma Generic Template Model X3352 with our graphics flash printed onto it.

There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nowt special about it either.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ffs whats the problem here? The club bring out a third kit in yellow and blue (yes brazil have played in yellow and blue many times) to celebrate our connections with Brazil and everyone moans. Of course its going to look like Torquay - thats because they play in ****ing yellow as well.

And all this bull**** about it being a standard off the peg Joma kit with our sponsor and badge on it, what do you think every other football kit is? Im sure our red and white is a standard joma kit if you remove the ecfc bits.

Do people expect too much? Were people really expecting embroidery of their name and how many years they had been supporting City and every other association they have with the club.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ffs whats the problem here? The club bring out a third kit in yellow and blue (yes brazil have played in yellow and blue many times) to celebrate our connections with Brazil and everyone moans. Of course its going to look like Torquay - thats because they play in ****ing yellow as well.

And all this bull**** about it being a standard off the peg Joma kit with our sponsor and badge on it, what do you think every other football kit is? Im sure our red and white is a standard joma kit if you remove the ecfc bits.

Do people expect too much? Were people really expecting embroidery of their name and how many years they had been supporting City and every other association they have with the club.
It's the BS they come out with making it sound like its been specially made when its not, it's just a normal template. They really do think us fans are thick.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
“Our history and our heritage is an important part of the club’s DNA, and the new third kit will represent that."

No, Julian, it doesn't. (n)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth, I like the shirt. That said, I can't help but agree the club might have slightly overstated the effort that went into designing it.

If, as others have suggested, we had no option but to go with a standard off-the-peg Joma shirt then surely we could at least have had a special commemorative badge on it?!