• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Kit

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
'We wanted to do something a little different' said Tagg.

What, get the colours wrong and come up with a shirt that resembles the home kit of our closest rivals, you mean? Jesus Navas.

Dobley

The only link this has with Brazil is it is Yellow - and it doesn't look anywhere near the correct shade of yellow at that.

I wouldn't have bought it anyway, as it is a long time since I have been at an age where it is acceptable to wear replica shirts, but to claim any link with Brazil through this is almost cringe worthy.
This.

The kit is just wrong. Blue instead of yellow trim as others have said suggests Torquay. And where's the innovation? Colour pallette aside, its just a rip off of the Brazilian shirt. So we're less "celebrating our roots" and more mimicking a football entity far superior to our own. They could have at least spun it into some form of hybrid. Perhaps the "Brazil" colours within the City stripes template? Or maybe have gone half yellow, half red?? That wouldn't have looked to bad if done correctly.

I just don't see why this is any different to when we last played in yellow for a change strip back in 97ish.

Plus, all this roots mumbo. What has a one off tour to South America and playing a representative Sao Paulo/Rio XI got to do with our own roots? Have I completely missed the cultural streak that match ingrained in the club towards a tradition of feijoada served from the food huts and Carnaval at half time? Are City still revered on South American shores as the people who brought them football?

If you wanted to be daring and celebrate our roots, how about a green third kit.

rp42

Sure Brazils shirt is more golden?why did they not just put red where the blue is so simple,who thinks this stuff up,will not be buying it and can't see many fans that will?can we have a poll on it(n)

Rog H K

berniesworld

It's a basic Joma teamwear template with just our badge and sponsor slapped on!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It's a basic Joma teamwear template with just our badge and sponsor slapped on!
Pretty much.
I can't believe I was actually looking forward to seeing this and how the shirt was designed to celebrate the link. How stupid of me to forget the club's inherent inability to get the simplest of things right.

Kev F

malcolms

Pretty much.
I can't believe I was actually looking forward to seeing this and how the shirt was designed to celebrate the link. How stupid of me to forget the club's inherent inability to get the simplest of things right.
When you start to question things Rae, I really do begin to despair :(

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
£15.99 plus a couple of iron-on badges. Bargain.

IndoMike

But Taggy said "Our history and our heritage is an important part of the club’s DNA, and the new third kit will represent that.
We wanted to do something a little different, and something that gives a nod to Exeter City’s roots. Hopefully our fans will enjoy the new third-kit design as much as we do, and we’re looking forward to the launch at the Funday" It can't be that they just had a quick look at a catalogue, stuck a pin in and picked this one out...................................... can it?

Last edited: