• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Dugouts

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
This thread is a prime example of the misinformation that masquerades as fact on ExeWeb.

As told to the BoS, Tiz has wanted the dug-outs on the old grandstand side of the pitch for some considerable time (though I must admit I'm not entirely sure why) and this desire has now been realised.

As far as I'm aware, there is no more to it than that!
What Tis demands..........................................

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
There are some moaning old gets in the old grandstand....

that should be fun for Sir Tis.

mdg

will be very interested to see what impact they have on my view!

have 3 season tickets,pitchside, block B- cost me just short of£600- SO WONT BE A HAPPY BUNNY, IF I HAVE A RESTRICTED VIEW!!!

PeteUSA

Not sure that any dugout in front of the OG wont obstruct a view so await pictures
Evidently, the basis of the old dug-outs is still there. The soil just needs to be shovelled out that was used to fill them in. As I recall, the floor of those dug-outs is between 2/3 feet below grade. That being the case, there would be little or no obstruction when the back wall and roof is re-attached. I seem to recall that the dugout roofs in the past were about level with the top of the fence.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Evidently, the basis of the old dug-outs is still there. The soil just needs to be shovelled out that was used to fill them in. As I recall, the floor of those dug-outs is between 2/3 feet below grade. That being the case, there would be little or no obstruction when the back wall and roof is re-attached. I seem to recall that the dugout roofs in the past were about level with the top of the fence.
The pictures I have seen don't suggest that the bases are below pitch level. Hopefully Cheggers has taken a few pictures tonight so we can have a good look.

PeteUSA

The pictures I have seen don't suggest that the bases are below pitch level. Hopefully Cheggers has taken a few pictures tonight so we can have a good look.
I must confess that I read about the base's still being there on here, but it was a reliable source. I also cant imagine anybody bothering to demo all that concrete out when it was easier to fill it in with rubble or mud.

exesaddler

The dug outs simply use the first two rows of the OG seats.

The seats behind must be classed as restricted and we need to move a couple of seats from the sides to allow access to the exit stairs. Other than that they seem fine.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dug outs did really well, housed the subs, managers and coaching stuff with aplomb and looked solid through the match. Really looking forward to seeing them in competitive action come August 7st.

Number13

They will be further from the changing rooms and will need the walk across the pitch when the changing rooms finally go under the Doble......

PeteUSA

They will be further from the changing rooms and will need the walk across the pitch when the changing rooms finally go under the Doble......
From the pictures I've seen taken by Moxey etc, I dont think there's a snowballs chance in hell of the changing rooms ever being re-housed under the Doble. That was the original plan, and it would have been nice, had it worked out. Unfortunately, its apparently so chock full of sh*t, and other developements, that it would now be impossible. Also, rightwing reckons the water supply for the intended showers etc under there has been capped off and buried.